Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Can I change or define ttyp0? Post 17567 by jonalthoff on Monday 18th of March 2002 12:22:22 AM
Old 03-18-2002
Well, on the console I have tty01, tty02, tty03 through tty12. Each screen is able to have parameters for printing assigned by the port name. I could set up screen tty01 to print to a printer on /dev/lp0 and on screen tty02 I could set it up to print on a printer on /dev/lp1 or /dev/tty1a or whatever printer I need to. 2 files are saved in the home directory. tty01.cnf and tty01.xd.

Now if I have 2 computers ran through IP I will have ttyp0 through as many screens as I login in on. If I have one computer on the 2nd floor and one computer on the third floor I would need to assign each computer to print on the printers on the second floor and third floor with each computer. The problem is that I could log in on the computer on the second floor and get /dev/ttyp0 one time and /dev/ttyp1 the next. If I set the parameters for the session to print on the second floor it would run fine until the computer on the third floor logs in on /dev/ttyp0 or /dev/ttyp1.

If I could set the computer that is on the second floor to always log in on /dev/ttyp0 and the computer on the third floor to log in on /dev/ttyp1 it would work fine. I would like to be able to use multiple telnet sessions as well. If I could set the second floor computer to /dev/ttyp0 through /dev/ttyp12 and the computer on the third floor to /dev/ttyp13 to /dev/ttyp24 that would be nice.

I have read something about a login support program. Is this what I need or is it just a script I write? Boundless makes the Net Terminals I can use. They have software I can install to make the screens come up as /dev/nt101, /dev/nt102 through /dev/nt112. Net Terminal #1 screen 1 - 12. When the login comes up I get something similar to this:

SCO OpenServer(TM) Release 5 (scosysv) (ttyp0)

Net Terminal login on /dev/nt101:

I have these entries in my/etc/hosts and /etc/netterms files:

/etc/hosts file
192.168.0.1 scosysv scosysv
192.168.0.2 netterm1

/etc/netterms file
#
# Symbolic names of NetTerminals from /etc/hosts.
#
netterm1

I only have one login and each user uses it. I have no multple user accounts. If I could set it up so each IP address has it's own login that would be great. Maybe even If I could use the computer name on the computer. I have been useing Anzio Lite for my telnet session. Could there be another program that may do what I am looking for?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

mysterious #define

in the header file orville.h, outside of the #ifdef #endif , there is the following #define JOB_CONTROL /* support job-control */ As you can see, the JOB_CONTROL macro has no value associated with it. Here is what I go when I ran grep on the entire source code. $ grep -iR... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frequency8
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

#define in perl

Hi friends, I am not sure if perl questions can be raised here. :rolleyes: But I have a doubt if there is a way to do "#define" in perl, like in C. Does anyone know if it is feasible (without CPAN modules)? Thanks, Srini (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasan_85
7 Replies

3. Programming

#define

Hello, I would like to conditionaly comment in my code source some fields from arrays. So I use the property ## from the #define definition. my code: ... #define slet /##* #define etsl *##/ ... const T_SVT_ADLL_A653_DESC A_DESC = { { slet qwerty etsl SLICING,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cypleen
3 Replies

4. Programming

help with #define in C

if i do this in C #define NUM 1234512345 then how come i cant print it out using int main(int argc, char **argv) { printf("%d\n", NUM); return 0; } well the result is -1219236538, why isnt it 1234512345 ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
7 Replies

5. Programming

#define in c

Hi, I had a head file, looks like #define MIN_NUM 10 #define MAX_NUM 10 is there any way to get "MAX_NUM" from 10? thanks. peter (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: laopi
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Define spacing of columns

Hi! I need to change the spacing assigned to each number in a text file. I have an input file with 5 columns and 3 rows. Here, all numbers are separated by 1 space. I need to change this in such a way that the number in the first column has 6, the number in the second column has 5 and all other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alauda
2 Replies

7. Programming

When to define functions in C?

Hey everyone. So I'm looking at a few C programming resources, and it seems, by convention how you should write and define a function, is first declare it's existence before your main...then call it somewhere in your main, and then define after, at the end of the program? Is this necessary? I mean... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Define Variables

Hi, I just define the variable in script and use those script in another script but the variable not recognize. test1.sh #!/bin/bash DB="test_db" USR="test_user" PWD="test_pwd" HST="24.254.87.12" test2.sh #!/bin/bash ./test1.sh mysql -u $USR -p $PWD -h $HST... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
2 Replies
smfi_setmlreply(3N)													       smfi_setmlreply(3N)

NAME
smfi_setmlreply() - sets default SMTP error reply code to a multi-line response SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
ctx Specifies the opaque context structure. rcode Specifies the 3-digit (RFC 821/2821) SMTP reply code, as a null-terminated string. rcode must not be a NULL value, and must be a valid or reply code. xcode Specifies the extended (RFC 1893 or 2034) reply code. An xcode must conform to RFC 1893/2034 code. If xcode is set to NULL, an extended code is not used. Specifies the remaining arguments, which are single lines of text. A maximum of 32 arguments can be specified. These arguments are used as the text part of the SMTP reply. The list must be termi- nated with a NULL value. DESCRIPTION
The routine directly sets the SMTP error reply code for a connection. Only and replies are accepted. The list of arguments in must be terminated with a NULL value. is used on subsequent errors from the filter. can be called from any of the functions other than Notes o Values passed to are not checked for standards compliance. o The message parameter must contain only printable characters; other characters may lead to undefined behavior. For example, a CR or LF will cause the call to fail, single (percentage) characters will cause the text to be ignored. If a is required in a string, use the format. o For more information on reply codes and their meanings, see RFC 821, 2821, 1893, and 2034. o If the reply code, that is, rcode, is given a code but is used for the message, the custom reply is not used. Similarly, if rcode is given a code but is used for the message, the custom reply is not used. In neither of the last two cases, an error is returned to the Milter and silently ignores the reply code. o If the Milter returns and sets the reply code to '421', the SMTP server terminates the SMTP session with a '421' error code. RETURN VALUE
fails and returns for the following reasons: o Invalid rcode or xcode argument value. o Memory-allocation failure. o Carriage return or line feed in a text line. o Length of any text line is more than the value(980). o More than 32 lines of text replies are provided. returns on successful completion. EXAMPLES
Consider the following sample code: The following is the SMTP response of the sample code: AUTHOR
The routine was developed by the Sendmail Inc. SEE ALSO
smfi_getsymval(3N), smfi_getpriv(3N), smfi_setreply(3N), smfi_setpriv(3N). on smfi_setmlreply(3N)