Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tail User
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Tail User Post 17562 by thekid on Sunday 17th of March 2002 11:43:59 PM
Old 03-18-2002
Here's a thought, which will work the best if you have root access.

You could check the .sh_history file under the user's home directory as to what was happening with that account in the shell recently.

This type of logging is present on our AIX, PTX, and HP-UX systems, but I'm not sure if it's a feature with all unix flavors.

I'm not positive, but I think there are ways to retain more or less days worth of history in that file.

Hope this helps...
thekid

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using tail -f

Working in HP-UX 10.20. I eventually want to write a bourne shell script to handle the following problem, but for now I am just toying with it at the command line. Here's what I am basically trying to do: tail -f log_X | grep n > log_Y I am doing a tail -f on log_X . Once it sees "n", I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output from tail to a user

Hi all I've read through a few of these lists but can't find a right combination of answers (I can create VPN's but can't send an email!) Ok - I'm using taper as backup software which generates a log file called taper_log I want the last eight lines of this log file to be sent to a specified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ifan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tail??

Hello all, I have search the forum and could not find an answer...Here is what I am trying to do. Every 15 minutes, a script send uptime output to a logfile (dailylog.log), that file contains lines like the one below: 11:21am up 44 days, 19:15, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.03 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: qfwfq
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tail -f

I am trying to extract a particular line from a.log which keeps appending every sec and output that into a newfile b.log which should append itself with filtered data received from a.log I tried tail -f a.log |grep fail| tee -a b.log nothing in b.log tail -f a.log |grep fail >>b.log ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wannalearn
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with cut and tail

Hey!! I'm having a hard time getting this to work! I need to input a name and compare that name to a file in the file the name has a code on the same line as it, what i need is to compare the input name with the file and then output the code to a other file. Ex: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: nogame11
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with tail command

Hi All, My query seems to be silly but Iam unable to find where the exact problem lies. I have a script to unzip set of files here is the script #!/bin/ksh Count=`cat /home/gaddamja/Tempfile | wc -l` while do Filename=`cat /home/gaddamja/Tempfile |tail -$Count | head -1` cd... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadish_gaddam
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tail for 15 mins

Hi, I want to write a script which will tail a particular file for 15 mins and then sleep for 10 mins and again tail for 15 mins. This cycle will go on for a limited period of time. How can i ensure that tail command will run for 15 mins before calling sleep command Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: @bhi
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help On tail script

Hi Guys, I would like to create a script which tails the content of a log file in real time, looks for a specific string , like "ERROR" and captures in a text file the previous 10.000 lines that were existing before this string. Any help is appreciated. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: liviusbr
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining multiple files tail on tail

I have 250 files that have 16 columns each - all numbered as follows stat.1000, stat.1001, stat.1002, stat.1003....stat.1250. I would like to join all 250 of them together tail by tail as follows. For example stat.1000 a b c d e f stat.1001 g h i j k l So that my output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayak
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tail +

because the tail +2 on the first line gives me the file name pomga I do not want anything like what I miss tail +2 ejemplo.txt ouput ==> ejemplo.txt <== 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
2 Replies
RDMA_POST_READV(3)					   Librdmacm Programmer's Manual					RDMA_POST_READV(3)

NAME
rdma_post_readv - post an RDMA read work request. SYNOPSIS
#include <rdma/rdma_verbs.h> int rdma_post_readv (struct rdma_cm_id *id, void *context, struct ibv_sge *sgl, int nsge, int flags, uint64_t remote_addr, uint32_t rkey); ARGUMENTS
id A reference to a communication identifier where the request will be posted. context User-defined context associated with the request. sgl A scatter-gather list of the destination buffers of the read. nsge The number of scatter-gather array entries. flags Optional flags used to control the read operation. remote_addr The address of the remote registered memory to read from. rkey The registered memory key associated with the remote address. DESCRIPTION
Posts a work request to the send queue of the queue pair associated with the rdma_cm_id. The contents of the remote memory region will be read into the local data buffers. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 on success, or -1 on error. If an error occurs, errno will be set to indicate the failure reason. NOTES
For a list of supported flags, see ibv_post_send. Both the remote and local data buffers must have been registered before the read is issued, and the buffers must remain registered until the read completes. Read operations may not be posted to an rdma_cm_id or the corresponding queue pair until it has been connected. The user-defined context associated with the read request will be returned to the user through the work completion wr_id, work request identifier, field. SEE ALSO
rdma_cm(7), rdma_connect(3), rdma_accept(3), ibv_post_send(3), rdma_post_read(3), rdma_reg_read(3), rdma_reg_msgs(3) librdmacm 2010-07-19 RDMA_POST_READV(3)