Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: here please
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers here please Post 17526 by user666 on Saturday 16th of March 2002 07:21:59 PM
Old 03-16-2002
here please

Im using Linux Mandrake 7 and i tried to config the modem from the kde but no way i don't even know what's the problem whith that if you can help and tell what's the prpblem please do here's what it says:

Fornitore: SGS Thomson Microelectronics
Modello: 56k SoftModem
Kernel Module: unknown
Tipo di Bus:: USB

Modem Device /dev/ttys0 (in windows the modem is on com1 how ever i tried all the ttyS1 2 and 3)

Flow Control CRTSCTS(when i trie the xon/xoff the modem is fownd by the system but it still does not work the modem is not on when i use CRTCTS it says modem not ready or modem not responding)

Line Termination CR/LF

it is a external modem

Last edited by user666; 03-21-2002 at 11:09 AM..

Device::Modem::UsRobotics(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Device::Modem::UsRobotics(3pm)

NAME
Device::Modem::UsRobotics - USR modems extensions to control self-mode SYNOPSIS
use Device::Modem::UsRobotics; my $modem = new Device::Modem::UsRobotics( port => '/dev/ttyS1' ); $modem->connect( baudrate => 9600 ); my %info = $modem->messages_info(); print "There are $info{unreleased_voice_msg} unread voice messages on $info{stored_voice_msg} total "; print "There are $info{unreleased_fax_msg} unread fax messages on $info{stored_fax_msg} total "; # Get details about message n. X my %msg = $modem->message_info(1); index type information attributes status day hour minute callerid page addresshigh addresslow checksum print 'This is a ', ($msg{type} == 2 ? 'voice' : 'fax'), 'message', " "; print 'It came from no. ', $msg{callerid}, " "; # ... # Now clear all messages $modem->clear_memory(); WARNING
This module is not documented yet, and it is a rough work in progress. Until now, it correctly reads voice/fax messages information, but when saving voice messages to disk, sometimes they are incorrectly decoded. So, if you need a working program, check out the good old TkUsr by Ludovic Drolez, unless you want to help develop Device::Modem::UsRobotics. DOCS TO BE COMPLETED FROM NOW..... Yes, I'm a bad boy :-) DESCRIPTION
Bla Bla Bla... METHODS
clear_memory() Used to permanently clear the memory space of the modem. There are separate memory spaces, one for voice/fax messages and one for user set- tings. Examples: $modem->clear_memory('user'); # or $modem->clear_memory(1) $modem->clear_memory('messages'); # or $modem->clear_memory(2) To clear both, you can use: $modem->clear_memory('all'); # or $modem->clear_memory(0); Parameters: $memtype String or integer that selects the type of memory to be cleared, where 0 is for "all", 1 is for "user" memory, 2 is for "messages" mem- ory. SUPPORT
Please feel free to contact me at my e-mail address cosimo@cpan.org for any information, to resolve problems you can encounter with this module or for any kind of commercial support you may need. AUTHOR
Cosimo Streppone, cosimo@cpan.org COPYRIGHT
(C) 2004-2005 Cosimo Streppone, cosimo@cpan.org This library is free software; you can only redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Device::Modem, perl perl v5.8.8 2005-04-30 Device::Modem::UsRobotics(3pm)