Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Install files for hp ux
Operating Systems HP-UX Install files for hp ux Post 17455 by Perderabo on Friday 15th of March 2002 10:38:19 AM
Old 03-15-2002
The -F hfs says that you have a cd with an hfs filesystem on it. HP will do that with install media so that they can squeeze cdfs out of the install kernel. That is very non-standard and no non-HP CD would be wriiten like that. Try -F cdfs instead.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install ***.gz files?

It is MySql files,I am the first time to i install it .please give me the response. Thank you . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsun5
2 Replies

2. Gentoo

How do I install files in Linux?

Ok, I have downloadet a program frome the internet, before you ask and flame me yes I am a noob. But thats not the problem. My problem is. How do I install it so I can run it in the terminal window. The file is .tgz and when i extract it I get a folder with lots of "c" documents and that sorts.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: hast5
12 Replies

3. HP-UX

Oracle 9i install: Error in invoking target install of makefile

I receive an error while installing Oracle 9i: Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk Furthermore: $ whoami oracle $ echo $ORACLE_HOME /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0 $ pwd /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib $ ll total... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris2005
5 Replies

4. Linux

install macbook pro fedora10 ???((<<if can install, how to install? >> ))

If may install can Tells everybody ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzBSD
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris, delete install files

Hi I would like to know if and what installation files can be deleted on a sun solaris server. From the listing below there are several files that I would like to delete in order to get some free space on the disk. Is it safe to delete zip, gz and Z files files located in silent_install or will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmdcmn
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Difference between %install and %files section in rpm building ?

Hello, I am just a newbie and have very recently started building rpms, i build a very simple rpm that packaged 3 files and everything worked very smoothly. However to be very honest i am not very much clear with what is the difference between %install and %files section. I mean like we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
0 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

how to install custom .bat files in perl

I'm using damke to install perl modules on windows. I have my custom .bat files for the perl script. How to overwrite the .bat files that gets generated by pl2bat with my custom .bat files! Thanks, Hansini (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hansini
1 Replies
HFS(1)                                                        General Commands Manual                                                       HFS(1)

NAME
hfs - shell for manipulating HFS volumes SYNOPSIS
hfs [hfs-path [partition-no]] DESCRIPTION
hfs is an interactive command-oriented tool for manipulating HFS volumes. hfs is based on the Tcl interpreter, so basic Tcl constructs can be used in addition to the following commands: mount path [partition-no] The specified UNIX path is opened as an HFS volume. If a partition number n is specified and the volume source is located on a par- titioned medium, the nth discovered HFS partition will be mounted. The default partition-no is 1. umount [path] The volume previously mounted from the specified path (or the current volume, if none specified) is unmounted. vol path The volume previously mounted from the specified path is made current. info General information about the currently mounted volume is displayed. This information is also displayed automatically when the vol- ume is mounted. pwd The full path to the current working HFS directory is displayed. cd [hfs-path] The current working directory is changed to the given HFS path. If no path is given, the working directory is changed to the root of the volume. dir [hfs-path] A directory listing of the specified HFS directory is displayed. If no path is given, the contents of the current working directory are shown. mkdir hfs-path A new, empty directory is created with the specified path. rmdir hfs-path The specified directory is removed. It must be empty. create hfs-path [type [creator]] An empty file is created with the specified path. The Macintosh type and creator may be specified, or they will default to TEXT and UNIX, respectively. del hfs-path Both forks of the specified file are deleted. stat hfs-path Status information about the specified HFS path-identified entity is displayed. cat hfs-path The data fork of the specified HFS file is displayed. copyin unix-path [hfs-path [mode]] The specified UNIX file is copied to the named HFS destination path. Unless specified otherwise, the file will be copied into the current HFS working directory using a heuristically chosen mode. The mode may be one of: macb (MacBinary II), binh (BinHex), text, or raw. copyout hfs-path [unix-path [mode]] The specified HFS file is copied into the named UNIX destination path. Unless specified otherwise, the file will be copied into the current UNIX working directory using a heuristically chosen mode. The modes are the same as for copyin. format path [partition-no [volume-name]] The specified UNIX path is initialized as an empty HFS volume with the given name, and this volume is subsequently mounted. The default volume name is Untitled. The shell is scriptable, however it should be understood that the above commands are actually implemented by Tcl procedures prefixed with the character "h", e.g. hmount, hcd, etc., in order to avoid name collisions with other Tcl utilities. The "h" may be omitted in interac- tive use for convenience. SEE ALSO
hfsutils(1), xhfs(1) BUGS
cat can only display the data fork of a file. Text translations are performed unconditionally on the output. Furthermore, binary data can- not be handled properly from within Tcl scripts since the character with value 0 cannot be represented in Tcl strings. Use copyout to copy files without these limitations. AUTHOR
Robert Leslie <rob@mars.org> HFSUTILS 15-Jan-1997 HFS(1)