Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Install files for hp ux
Operating Systems HP-UX Install files for hp ux Post 17425 by bbutler3295 on Thursday 14th of March 2002 10:10:49 PM
Old 03-14-2002
Install files for hp ux

ok im not exactly a unix expert but i purchased a workstation online it has hp ux 11i on it and i would like to make a cd for hp ux 11i is there a way at all to copy the installation files to a cd... im not exaclty sure where the instalation files might be but thats what i was also hoping that you all might be able to help me with... where and what might be there names ..... thanks
BB

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install ***.gz files?

It is MySql files,I am the first time to i install it .please give me the response. Thank you . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsun5
2 Replies

2. Gentoo

How do I install files in Linux?

Ok, I have downloadet a program frome the internet, before you ask and flame me yes I am a noob. But thats not the problem. My problem is. How do I install it so I can run it in the terminal window. The file is .tgz and when i extract it I get a folder with lots of "c" documents and that sorts.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: hast5
12 Replies

3. HP-UX

Oracle 9i install: Error in invoking target install of makefile

I receive an error while installing Oracle 9i: Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk Furthermore: $ whoami oracle $ echo $ORACLE_HOME /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0 $ pwd /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib $ ll total... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris2005
5 Replies

4. Linux

install macbook pro fedora10 ???((<<if can install, how to install? >> ))

If may install can Tells everybody ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzBSD
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris, delete install files

Hi I would like to know if and what installation files can be deleted on a sun solaris server. From the listing below there are several files that I would like to delete in order to get some free space on the disk. Is it safe to delete zip, gz and Z files files located in silent_install or will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmdcmn
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Difference between %install and %files section in rpm building ?

Hello, I am just a newbie and have very recently started building rpms, i build a very simple rpm that packaged 3 files and everything worked very smoothly. However to be very honest i am not very much clear with what is the difference between %install and %files section. I mean like we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
0 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

how to install custom .bat files in perl

I'm using damke to install perl modules on windows. I have my custom .bat files for the perl script. How to overwrite the .bat files that gets generated by pl2bat with my custom .bat files! Thanks, Hansini (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hansini
1 Replies
nsysmap(5)							File Formats Manual							nsysmap(5)

NAME
nsysmap, nsysmap64 - number of entries in a kernel dynamic memory allocation map VALUES
Default 8400 Allowed Values DESCRIPTION
Note: In HP-UX 11i Version 3, these tunables are no longer present. The system will establish an initial size for the table, and increase the size as needed. This manual page will be remove in a future release. Pre-Release 11i Version 3 Usage This value sizes the kernel dynamic memory resource map, an array of address/length pairs that describe the free virtual space in the ker- nel's dynamic address space. This array has historically been statically-sized. That means certain pathological workloads that fragment the kernel address space will result in too many entries for the array. Rather than panicking when this condition occurs, the system throws away the last entry, which results in "leaked" kernel virtual address space. If this overflow happens often enough, the system eventually runs out of virtual space and will panic with the following message: By making the map size tunable, the system can automatically scale the map size according to the system workload size and avoid this prob- lem. If the automatic scaling does not work, you can hand-tune to fit a particular workload. When the default value is overridden, the kernel may increase the value beyond the your specification depending on the system size. There are different tunables for 32- and 64-bit kernel because the 64-bit kernel has more virtual address space. The tunable controls 32-bit kernels and the tunable controls 64-bit kernels. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
and were developed by HP. OBSOLETED
Tunable Kernel Parameters nsysmap(5)