Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Password unknown??? solaris 2.8 vs 2.6??? Post 17373 by juice on Thursday 14th of March 2002 09:13:28 AM
Old 03-14-2002
Thanks...

Thanks, I will give it a try.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to reset the password in solaris

I forgot the password of root account of sun solaris .how to reset the root password. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mallesh
1 Replies

2. Solaris

unknown iplanet db password

I'm trying to renew a ssl certificate on my SunFire 280R that is running iplanet on top of Solaris 8. The password that I was given for the Key Pair File Password doesn't work and the previous admin has no idea what it could possibly be. :o Does anyone have any idea how to crowbar the password... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unknown root password

hello, i've found at work an old Sun Ultra 10 box, with SunOS 5.9 operating system. I want to put into use this machine (particularly for training) . offcourse , the root password is unknown , as this is a very old machine which was not in use for long time... :confused: is there a way to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paraaduma
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris - unknown hostname - how can I change hostname?

Hello, I am new to Solaris. I am using stand alone Solaris 10.0 for test/study purpose and connecting to internet via an ADSL modem which has DHCP server. My Solaris is working on VMWare within winXP. My WinXP and Solaris connects to internet by the same ADSL modem via its DHCP at the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XNOR
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris root password

Bit of a strange problem I have never come across before.. I can log into the workstation going through the server as it is a trusted host but when I try and connect to the workstation through SSH or RSH directly it will not take the password, I changed the password when I logged in the machine... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr Pink
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 9 Password

Hello, I'm new to solaris but am a certified systems administrator. I was recently brought the task of repairing a sunblade150 and was completely willing to take on this task without knowing the history behind this system. Apparently some slick S.O.B. from ebay bought this system, took the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: matt81
13 Replies

7. Solaris

PING - Unknown host 127.0.0.1, Unknown host localhost - Solaris 10

Hello, I have a problem - I created a chrooted jail for one user. When I'm logged in as root, everything work fine, but when I'm logged in as a chrooted user - I have many problems: 1. When I execute the command ping, I get weird results: bash-3.00$ usr/sbin/ping localhost ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Przemek
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unknown process SYSCON in Sun Solaris

When i tried ps -fu command in solaris it is shown in a process called SYSCON ..:eek: do any one knows what is this process??? any idea how to stop it??:mad: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran@solaris
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 8 - Asks for current root password when trying to change root password.

Hello All, I have several solaris boxes running Solaris 8. When changing root passwords on them, all will simply ask for the new root password to change and of course to re-type the new password. One of the systems however asks for the existing root password before it will display the new password... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tferrazz
8 Replies

10. Solaris

How to force a same password in Solaris in Solaris 8?

hi all I need to add a user "abcd" and set the password same as the user id. But Solaris 8 is not allowing me to do it, is there any way we can force the password to be same as the user id. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks bash-3.00# cat /etc/release ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imran721
9 Replies
serverping(6)							   Games Manual 						     serverping(6)

NAME
serverping - check the status of an XEvil server SYNOPSIS
serverping [-count num_tries] [-timeout timeout_ms] server_name[:port] DESCRIPTION
serverping is a simple utility to give you information on an XEvil server, such as the game style, who is playing, and how well they are doing. OPTIONS
-count num_tries specify the number of pings to send before giving up, default=3 -timeout timeout_ms specify the time in milliseconds to wait for a response before giving up, default=1000 server_name[:port] specify the server name or IP address, optionally with port, default port is 6066 EXAMPLES
serverping whitehouse.gov This will give you the game status of the XEvil game running on the server at whitehouse.gov, at default port 6066. It will try 3 times, and wait 1 sec per try. At the time of this writing, whitehouse.gov is not running an XEvil server. serverping -timeout 5000 292.43.199.64:9999 This will give you the game status of the XEvil game running on the server at 292.43.199.64, at port 9999. It will try 3 times, and wait 5 sec per try. 292.43.199.64 is not a valid IP address. GAME AUTHOR
Steve Hardt MAN PAGE AUTHOR
Brandon Barnes January 2, 2007 serverping(6)