Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to logout inactive users???? Post 17325 by thehoghunter on Wednesday 13th of March 2002 03:07:03 PM
Old 03-13-2002
Search the web for free info on writing shell scripts
(example http://www.shelldorado.com/ )

Learn UNIX commands - the same way or read man pages.

Scripting is only doing what you would do from the command line in a certain order.
thehoghunter

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Canīt logout to user inactive

I have SCO OpenServer release 5 I used TIMEOUT and TMOUT in .profile but I donīt Know if is correctly WND=/usr/synergy/dbl DTKMAPFIL=/u/ics/icsdat/icsmap.ics umask 000 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lalox
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

??? Log file users login and logout..???

hi all... only one question.... what is the file...where show me records login and logout of the unix user's..?? thank you.... I waiting for response... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chanfle
1 Replies

3. Solaris

logging logout of users

I am looking for solutions to address my need to log to a file whenever a user logs out or session disconnects. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhm4
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List all inactive users who has not logged on since last 90 days

Hi, Can I get a script to list out all the users, who has not logged on since last 90 days. Last command in not working due due to /var/adm/wtmpx is more than 2 GB. Thanks in advance. Regards, Roni (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manasranjanpand
10 Replies

5. Solaris

List all inactive users who has not logged on since last 90 days

I need actuall script which List all inactive users who has not logged on since last 90 days Thanks in advance. Di! (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: haridham
17 Replies

6. Solaris

Hi to all, i want configure my solaris 10 machine to log all login,logout and "su" in a particularly file. How can i do it? Now i enable auth.* in syslog.conf but the informations are written in a confused mode... Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suuuper
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting Inactive Solaris users

Hello, I want to do a search for users on my solaris boxes that have been inactive for a defined number of days and then delete them. Any ideas how to determine or calculate the number of days (possibly using the /var/adm/wtmpx file) from the user's last login to the current date of search. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince2010
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Purge of Inactive Users with Zero Posts and Other Anti-spam Measures

In order to keep the site "clean, safe and warm", I have recently purged all accounts at UNIX.COM which meet the ALL of the following 3 criteria: No user activity in 2018 No posts (zero post count) Link in user profile. In addition, I purged all users who registered but never confirmed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
LXSESSION(1)							  http://LXDE.org						      LXSESSION(1)

NAME
lxsession-logout - program to logout from LXSession SYNOPSIS
lxsession-logout [options...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the lxsession-logout command. lxsession-logout is a program that to logout from LXSession. It gives a good-looking logout dialog. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --prompt Your custom message Customize the logout message. --banner Your logo Customize the logout logo. --side left|top|right|bottom The position of the logo. SEE ALSO
lxsession (1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by paulliu grandpaul@gmail.com for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. AUTHOR
Ying-Chun Liu Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 paulliu http://LXDE.org March 2, 2008 LXSESSION(1)