Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Login Delay
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Login Delay Post 1727 by 98_1LE on Tuesday 27th of March 2001 10:38:51 AM
Old 03-27-2001
Check the passwd entry in /etc/nsswitch.conf and make sure it doesn't contain extra services (that you are not using (like nis or nisplus).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delay in mv

Working on AIX 4.3 I have an active exe that accepts files for processing on our RS6000. Day to day i store these files in a secure place and at the end of the day I mv them one by one. After some reading and ofcourse trial and error i figured out that this helps... mv `ls -l |head -l | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buRst
2 Replies

2. Programming

Introducing Delay less then a second.

Hi, I have a doubt in introducing a delay in the programs. We know that we do have a sleep() function/api using which we can bring a delay in terms of seconds. A minimum delay can be atleast 1 second. Now I'm bothered about how to introduce a delay that is just less than a second. Like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
3 Replies

3. SuSE

Can we disable/delay login ports in suse linux ?

Plz . tell me the command in suse linux to rert availibility of login ports, disable login ports, & delay available login ports. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrguha
3 Replies

4. Programming

Delay a process.

How to delay a process. I need to to delay a process from 3sec. At that 3sec other back ground processes also should stop. (just sit 3sec for idle & then starts execution as normally) I use sleep(3)-But it not stop the bg processes I try to use loop but it not gurantee to wait 3sec. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ugp
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop and delay

Dear all, if we want to run a command every 5 mins to check if the process is working fine or not... like in c, we can use a simple while loop with a delay for 5 mins... how can we accomplish this is solaris 8/9 thanks br/asad (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asadlone
5 Replies

6. Linux

delay getting ssh login prompt

Hi, We currently have a problem on a centos server when i try to ssh to it there is a significant delay in getting a login prompt. What would be the steps in troubleshooting this issue? I have try to narrow down a possible network issue but cannot see anything obviously wrong in the routing table,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Login delay after entering id (40 secs) same after entering pw

Hi all, I have just installed Solaris 10 on an old Fujitsu Primepower 650 which has been wiped clean. I haven't installed anything apart from the OS yet, so the machine is 99% idle. I get long delays when logging in, first after entering the id then another long delay after entering a valid... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: longjon
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delay with Wget

I have a list of URLs that I need to download in a file. I know I can use the -i option to load the URLs from the file, but how can I make Wget wait a couple secs between each URL download? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlopes
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop without a delay

Hi, I am trying to understand what would happen if ther is a loop without any delay like sleep statement, I feel that would add a lot of load onto the CPU. Trying to understand how the load is reduced by the introduction of sleep(). Thanks and regards Zulfi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulfi123786
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trying to understand the delay

Heyas As you know me, i have scripts for about almost every aspect of my IT life. This time, i'm having issues to figure out why my script to connect to my wifi spots takes so long when started as service. The service file (the after:local-fs.target is for 'home installations'): cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)