Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Anyone have experience with Quantum DLT8000 Post 17262 by 98_1LE on Tuesday 12th of March 2002 08:42:26 PM
Old 03-12-2002
Anyone have experience with Quantum DLT8000

I know this is off subject, but I have been having fits with a Quantum M1500 library with DTL8000 drives, and figured that some of you have had some experience with them.
Thanks,
Chuck

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quantum/Unix

I was wondering if anyone has any information if UNIX/LINUX will be viable with quantum computing. I have very limited knowledge of quantum physics vs. Quantum computing and the correlation to UNIX/LINUX? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: globix
6 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Quantum Firware Flash

Tried to use some 18gb Quantum Atlas III's (TD18J011) in my RS/6000's but resulted in horribly slow bootup times. These were Auspex pulls. Anyone know availability of firmware updates for these? No luck searching so far. Not sure if this would help with original problem, but worth the shot.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mooshkie
0 Replies

3. Solaris

DLT8000 Support in 2.5.1

Hi Guys, Old OS I know, but does anyone know the patch number (if indeed it is a patch) or know where I can get the drivers to get a HP DLT8000 working under Solaris 2.5.1. Any help, advice (other than upgrade :) ) appreciated. Thanks Marty (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SLURM script for quantum espresso

Hello everyone. I am trying to submit a job on quantum espresso program on a SLURM environment (parallel computing); of course SBATCH is used. I am a UNIX dummy and not sure if my script is right but i keep getting the error: sbatch: error: Batch job submission failed: job has invalid account. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lebphys78
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quantum tape drive

Hi, Using Redhat 5.7. I have Quantum tape drive connected to the server. I am trying to install the Netbackup software. Just wondering how can I see the Quantum is connected to the server. is any command I run to see the tape drive is connected? I used to work on Solaris, I used to do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies
funcombine(7)							SAORD Documentation						     funcombine(7)

NAME
FunCombine - Combining Region and Table Filters SYNOPSIS
This document discusses the conventions for combining region and table filters, especially with regards to the comma operator. DESCRIPTION
Comma Conventions Filter specifications consist of a series of boolean expressions, separated by commas. These expressions can be table filters, spatial region filters, or combinations thereof. Unfortunately, common usage requires that the comma operator must act differently in different situations. Therefore, while its use is intuitive in most cases, commas can be a source of confusion. According to long-standing usage in IRAF, when a comma separates two table filters, it takes on the meaning of a boolean and. Thus: foo.fits[pha==1,pi==2] is equivalent to: foo.fits[pha==1 && pi==2] When a comma separates two spatial region filters, however, it has traditionally taken on the meaning of a boolean or. Thus: foo.fits[circle(10,10,3),ellipse(20,20,8,5)] is equivalent to: foo.fits[circle(10,10,3) || ellipse(20,20,8,5)] (except that in the former case, each region is given a unique id in programs such as funcnts). Region and table filters can be combined: foo.fits[circle(10,10,3),pi=1:5] or even: foo.fits[pha==1&&circle(10,10,3),pi==2&&ellipse(20,20,8,5)] In these cases, it is not obvious whether the command should utilize an or or and operator. We therefore arbitrarily chose to implement the following rule: o if both expressions contain a region, the operator used is or. o if one (or both) expression(s) does not contain a region, the operator used is and. This rule handles the cases of pure regions and pure column filters properly. It unambiguously assigns the boolean and to all mixed cases. Thus: foo.fits[circle(10,10,3),pi=1:5] and foo.fits[pi=1:5,circle(10,10,3)] both are equivalent to: foo.fits[circle(10,10,3) && pi=1:5] [NB: This arbitrary rule replaces the previous arbitrary rule (pre-funtools 1.2.3) which stated: o if the 2nd expression contains a region, the operator used is or. o if the 2nd expression does not contain a region, the operator used is and. In that scenario, the or operator was implied by: pha==4,circle 5 5 1 while the and operator was implied by circle 5 5 1,pha==4 Experience showed that this non-commutative treatment of the comma operator was confusing and led to unexpected results.] The comma rule must be considered provisional: comments and complaints are welcome to help clarify the matter. Better still, we recommend that the comma operator be avoided in such cases in favor of an explicit boolean operator. SEE ALSO
See funtools(7) for a list of Funtools help pages version 1.4.2 January 2, 2008 funcombine(7)