Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ext3 filesystem
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory ext3 filesystem Post 17166 by killerserv on Monday 11th of March 2002 09:47:05 PM
Old 03-11-2002
substitute for little bit i guess..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ReiserFS vs ext3 vs anything else?

As i'm sure you all know, ext2 (and then ext3) is the most widely used linux fs... but some distros (SUSE & Debian) are now chosing to either use by default, or at least give the option of using ReiserFS. What is it about ReiserFS that's so great exactly? I understand that it has a limitless... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
6 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ext3: No journal on filesystem on dm-0

Hi Linuxers, I am a newbie here and loggin this facilities regularly. Recently my PC experience a power trip, my system could not boot up after restarting. I did the following : - Boot up with "linux rescue" using installation disk FC3 - In a shell, run "lvm vgchange... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chowkimhan
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/ext2 and /ext3

Hi all, I was installing linux, so i want to know the basic difference between /ext2 and /ext3 filetype.. what is the significance of using /ext2 and /ext3 pls clarify Thanks Vasikaran (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting fs ext3

I'm trying to find a correct command that will mount a filesystem ext3 the device /dev/sda1 to mount point /mnt/usb but not allow any programs to run from it. I want to be honest as I've read the forum rules... This is a homework question BUT, i'm generally interested in the correct process and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CasperQuiet
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create ext3 filesystem on regular file?

After doing something like: dd if=/dev/zero of=ext3.img bs=1024 count=1048576 I'd like to put an ext3 filesystem on ext3.img. What should I run? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevenswj
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

7. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

8. Linux

I need help rebuild ext3 filesystem

hi to all I wanted to edit a enigma2 image to my box .. the image is root.img .. Analysed then I have the picture and I have this: parted root.img WARNING: You are not superuser. Watch out for permissions. GNU Parted 2.2 Using /home/soft/Bureau/enigma2/root.img Welcome to GNU Parted! Type... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soft
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Expand EXT3 filesystem ( No LVM)

hi, In my production server having Enterprise Linux Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Carthage) Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Tikanga) we have a filesystem of 197 gb (Type ext 3) Hadisk in which this filesystem reside is sdb is of 217 gb. (NO LVM) Now I want to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: salmanraza
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Errors received while restoring my data from ext3 filesystem

Hi All, I have dual boot on my laptop - Win8 And linuxMint. From linuxmint i had copied all my data found on the NTFS partitions (on my laptop) to an external hard drive (formatted with ext3). i used rsync for this. Now after my hard disk crashed, am restoring the data back from ext3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
2 Replies
E2UNDO(8)                                                     System Manager's Manual                                                    E2UNDO(8)

NAME
e2undo - Replay an undo log for an ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem SYNOPSIS
e2undo [ -f ] [ -h ] [ -n ] [ -o offset ] [ -v ] [ -z undo_file ] undo_log device DESCRIPTION
e2undo will replay the undo log undo_log for an ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem found on device. This can be used to undo a failed operation by an e2fsprogs program. OPTIONS
-f Normally, e2undo will check the filesystem superblock to make sure the undo log matches with the filesystem on the device. If they do not match, e2undo will refuse to apply the undo log as a safety mechanism. The -f option disables this safety mechanism. -h Display a usage message. -n Dry-run; do not actually write blocks back to the filesystem. -o offset Specify the filesystem's offset (in bytes) from the beginning of the device or file. -v Report which block we're currently replaying. -z undo_file Before overwriting a file system block, write the old contents of the block to an undo file. This undo file can be used with e2undo(8) to restore the old contents of the file system should something go wrong. If the empty string is passed as the undo_file argument, the undo file will be written to a file named e2undo-device.e2undo in the directory specified via the E2FSPROGS_UNDO_DIR environment variable. WARNING: The undo file cannot be used to recover from a power or system crash. AUTHOR
e2undo was written by Aneesh Kumar K.V. (aneesh.kumar@linux.vnet.ibm.com) AVAILABILITY
e2undo is part of the e2fsprogs package and is available from http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
mke2fs(8), tune2fs(8) E2fsprogs version 1.44.1 March 2018 E2UNDO(8)