Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Daylight Savings - Timezones etc... Post 17135 by peter.herlihy on Monday 11th of March 2002 03:18:47 PM
Old 03-11-2002
Response from vBulletin....

"Peter,

This is a bit of a hard issue to deal with because some servers account for daylight savings; others don't. Some go on daylight savings at different times than others as well. This is something we've discussed looking into before though.

Thanks for the suggestion!"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Daylight savings and cron

I was trying to schedule a job to run on the last Sunday of October. To stop a process that I have running before daylight savings automatically falls back at 2AM then restart it after the hour has been regained. I thought I was smart (my mistake) and scheduled the 2 entries in cron. I figured that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cindylouwho
3 Replies

2. Solaris

daylight savings change

I have a solaris 8 server - and I need to ensure the daylight savings change properly but I dont think its set up correctly: /usr/sbin/zdump -v -c 2005 $TZ GB-EIRE Wed Oct 26 12:20:02 2005 UTC = Wed Oct 26 12:20:02 2005 GB isdst=0 GB-EIRE Fri Dec 13 20:45:52 1901 UTC = Fri Dec 13 20:45:52... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Daylight savings change

Hey guys, How do i check and see if my server will automatically adjust itself for daylight savings? Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Daylight Savings Time Fix

Hello, I've been looking at coming up with a time change on my Sun workstations since daylight savings time comes early this year. Someone at work told me that a sun patch is available if you have a maintenance contract. It was recommended to just set your systems to GMT time zone. How is this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stocksj
5 Replies

5. Linux

Daylight savings patch for Linux?

Is there a patch availible for the upcoming new daylight savings time ordeal? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Daylight Savings Time Quirk

I am running a SUN E450 on solaris (5.7). I have applied the DST patch and the system time is correct. However when users login the get the time wrong (+4 hours) (I am in EDT Zone). Does anyone know where a system wide variable for this could be set. (Root user gets the right time) Frank (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
3 Replies

7. AIX

Daylight savings time

Our aix unix box did not recognize daylight savings time since it was moved up. Could someone please give me the syntax to change the hour? I looked in man and couldn't find anything, or I missed it. I'm in 3rd grade so if you can, please provide specific instructions. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbagwell
2 Replies

8. AIX

Daylight savings time

Hello everyone The last sunday I have to check that my servers has change Daylight savings time but only two servers do it and all the rest doesnt. In smitty where I need to change, for my server take automatic the daylight savings time. Thanks for your tips The next its a message for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
0 Replies

9. AIX

Timezone issues -- Daylight savings

Hello, I like to set the CDT timezone, but it shows CST still even after I activated the DayLight Time cat /etc/environment | grep TZ TZ=CST6CDT Now looking at date: root@test8:/>date Tue Dec 20 05:34:45 CST 2016 How can I make it from CST to CDT ? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
5 Replies
timeb.h(3HEAD)							      Headers							    timeb.h(3HEAD)

NAME
timeb.h, timeb - additional definitions for date and time SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/timeb.h> DESCRIPTION
The <sys/timeb.h> header defines the timeb structure, which includes the following members: time_t time /* the seconds portion of the current time */ unsigned short millitm /* the milliseconds portion of the current time */ short timezone /* the local timezone in minutes west of Greenwich */ short dstflag /* TRUE if Daylight Savings Time is in effect */ The time_t type is defined as described in <sys/types.h>. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
time.h(3HEAD), types.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Sep 2004 timeb.h(3HEAD)