Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Books for Unix Scripting
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Books for Unix Scripting Post 171 by Astudent on Friday 3rd of November 2000 03:03:36 PM
Old 11-03-2000
Hi,
I'm in a second year unix course at school, and we are really starting to get into the scripting aspect of it.
I already own the "Unix in a Nutshell - O'Reilly", and the "Unix - Peachpit Press" books but these book really don't go into too much detail about scripting. So I was wondering if there were any good unix books out there with a good bit on scripting.

Thanks,

A

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. New to Unix. Which books should I read?

Unix Books

I'm just looking for really good unix book on programming in all shells, and system adminstrator books, and well as just all around really good books on unix. I know the "Unix Shell Programming" book that Neo recommends I recently purchased that it is very good. But when I heard that Neo has... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astudent
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Books

I'm just looking for really good unix book on programming in all shells, and system adminstrator books, and well as just all around really good books on unix. I know the "Unix Shell Programming" book that Neo recommends I recently purchased that it is very good. But when I heard that Neo has... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astudent
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Books on Unix

Hai All Iam looking for books in unix on shell scripting which has more stuff on how to run Oracle procedures or functions and the best methods to follow passing unix variables as parameters to Oracle. Thanks in advance Krishna (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnasai
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Books on Shell Scripting

Does anyone know of some good books on shell scripting. Any and all help is greatly apprieciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naaou
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Good books on Shell Scripting

All, I am new to shell scripting. Can you guys suggest me some good books/online tutorials for shell scripting(KSH/BASH)? Thanks in advance. Janardhan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raok1997
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for good books in Shell Scripting

Hi, I am knew to Shell Scripting. Can someone please tell me some good books for Shell Scripting which explains in a very simple language and covers all the topics nicely. Thanks, Shubh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggested Books for Learning Shell scripting

Hi, I had completed RHCE and i am interested to learn shell scripting. Request you to please let me know which book is best for learning shell scripting or any online website. Thanks & Regards arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Best books for shell scripting

hello all, Could you point me to the best book to start shell scripting. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: acdc
3 Replies

9. Ubuntu

best books to begin shell scripting in ubuntu

pleas suggest free e books to begin Bash scripting in ubuntu..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyom
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Books to learn UNIX Scripting from Scratch

Hi All, I am quite new to UNIX Scripting and want to learn it from scratch, a book which gives lot of examples, how to troubleshoot, how to run etc.. would be great. Need help from all the experts out there to suggest one book to start with. Regards, Vikas (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_chengdu
4 Replies
DBIx::Class::Helper::ResultSet::CorrelateRelationship(3pUser Contributed Perl DocumentatDBIx::Class::Helper::ResultSet::CorrelateRelationship(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Helper::ResultSet::CorrelateRelationship - Easily correlate your ResultSets VERSION
version 2.013002 SYNOPSIS
package MyApp::Schema::ResultSet::Author; use base 'DBIx::Class::ResultSet'; __PACKAGE__->load_components(qw(Helper::ResultSet::CorrelateRelationship)); sub with_book_count { my $self = shift; $self->search(undef, { '+columns' => { book_count => $self->correlate('book')->count_rs->as_query } }); } 1; And then elsewhere, like in a controller: my $rows = $schema->resultset('Author')->with_book_count->all; DESCRIPTION
Correlated queries are one of the coolest things I've learned about for SQL since my initial learning of SQL. Unfortunately they are somewhat confusing. DBIx::Class has supported doing them for a long time, but generally people don't think of them because they are so rare. I won't go through all the details of how they work and cool things you can do with them, but here are a couple high level things you can use them for to save you time or effort. If you want to select a list of authors and counts of books for each author, you could use "group_by" and something like "COUNT(book.id)", but then you'd need to make your select list match your "group_by" and it would just be a hassle forever after that. The "SYNOPSIS" is a perfect example of how to implement this. If you want to select a list of authors and two separate kinds of counts of books for each author, as far as I know, you must use a correlated subquery in DBIx::Class. Here is an example of how you might do that: package MyApp::Schema::ResultSet::Author; use base 'DBIx::Class::ResultSet'; __PACKAGE__->load_components(qw(Helper::ResultSet::CorrelateRelationship)); sub with_good_book_count { my $self = shift; $self->search(undef, { '+columns' => { good_book_count => $self->correlate('books')->good->count_rs->as_query } }); } sub with_bad_book_count { my $self = shift; $self->search(undef, { '+columns' => { bad_book_count => $self->correlate('books')->bad->count_rs->as_query } }); } 1; And then elsewhere, like in a controller: my $rows = $schema->resultset('Author') ->with_bad_book_count ->with_good_book_count ->all; This assumes that the Book resultset has "good" and "bad" methods. See "NOTE" in DBIx::Class::Helper::ResultSet for a nice way to apply it to your entire schema. METHODS
correlate $rs->correlate($relationship_name) Correlate takes a single argument, a relationship for the invocant, and returns a resultset that can be used in the selector list. AUTHOR
Arthur Axel "fREW" Schmidt <frioux+cpan@gmail.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Arthur Axel "fREW" Schmidt. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-18 DBIx::Class::Helper::ResultSet::CorrelateRelationship(3pm)