Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: async vs sync shells
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting async vs sync shells Post 17097 by thehoghunter on Monday 11th of March 2002 09:31:57 AM
Old 03-11-2002
Not sure I understand but if you are calling one script from another, check out the wait command. This may be what you need.
thehoghunter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Async or Sync I/O on NFS ?

Solaris 2.8 I know regular filesystems use Async I/O on Solaris 2.8. Does anybody know if NFS uses Sync I/O or Async I/O ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marist89
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Async DNS request

Yes, really can't find anything about this. Can anyone suggest a way, how to do it? This is really what I need for. I need for may be list of system calls to read about or probably some C\C++ sources... Please, help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LocalStorm
1 Replies

3. Programming

How to Write Linux Friendly Async Socket I/O

I am presently refactoring a windows deamon with an eye towards porting it to linux someday. Presently the application uses a single background thread and asynchronous socket I/O to implement FTP and HTTP clients in a single switch statement (2000 lines and 100 cases just for the switch... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Sync to Green vs. Separate Sync

Hi all....I have a Sun Ultra2 that I want to use with my PC monitor. I have purchased an adapter that does not work and I was told I need to change my video card setting (if I can) to Separate Sync.....my Monitor product number ends in 1343......I am running SunOS 5.7 ......anyone have any ideas? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psantinello
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Async-Signal-Safe versus MT-Safe

Hi, I am Solaris 9 developer and notice that the documentation does not provide a clear notion of the inherent concurrency in routines defined as "Async-Signal-Safe". Routines defined as "MT-Safe" obviously have the best level of concurrency, compared to normal "Safe" interfaces. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tristan12
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Difference between sync & async in nfs

Hi All.... This is related to exporting a file system through nfs. Just wanted to understand the significance of sync/async in nfs. We give this entry in /etc/export file. What is the difference between these two. Any hep is appreciated. Regards, Amol. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
2 Replies

7. Solaris

see if async i/o is enabled in Solaris 9

Hi guys. This may be a stupid question but I am trying to see if my Solaris 9 server has async i/o enabled... Is there a quick way to determine this? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shells

Lets say my default shell is bash and then i load up csh and then ksh. How would i exit csh without exiting ksh? so basically i gone from bash > csh > ksh and i wish to close csh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bill Thompson
2 Replies

9. Programming

Async webpage read

hi i need to asynchronous connect to webpage which has only text file. need to read its content, line by line using linux socket. any samples? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leo2008
1 Replies

10. AIX

Disable async IO at OS level

Hi , User claims that report refresh is taking longer time than usual time and asking us to disable async IO at OS level. 1 DB is running in this server This is prod server OS -- AIX My question is would there be an impact to database and server if we disable async IO in OS? is this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
4 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD