Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: apropos
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers apropos Post 17089 by Neo on Monday 11th of March 2002 06:35:44 AM
Old 03-11-2002
man -k might work .....

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

apropos not working

How come my 'apropos' cmd doesn't work in Solaris but works in Linux? How can I get it to work? Are the files in the 'companion' cd? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problems with apropos

I believe my apropos command is corrupt. Every time i invoke it the following happens... please see attached png file. Is there a way for me to reinstall or rebuild the apropos command? However, when I log on as a different user everything seems ok I am currently running Free BSD (OS X) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: grkness
3 Replies
PTS_APROPOS(1)						       AFS Command Reference						    PTS_APROPOS(1)

NAME
pts_apropos - Displays each help entry containing a keyword string SYNOPSIS
pts apropos -topic <help string> [-help] pts ap -t <help string> [-h] DESCRIPTION
The pts apropos command displays the first line of the online help entry for any pts command that has in its name or short description the string specified by the -topic argument. To display the syntax for a command, use the pts help command. OPTIONS
-topic <help string> Specifies the keyword string to match, in lowercase letters only. If the string is more than a single word, surround it with double quotes ("") or other delimiters. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The first line of a command's online help entry names it and briefly describes its function. This command displays the first line for any pts command in which the string specified by the -topic argument is part of the command name or first line. EXAMPLES
The following command lists all pts commands that include the word "create" in their names or short descriptions: % pts apropos create creategroup: create a new group createuser: create a new user PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
pts(1), pts_help(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 PTS_APROPOS(1)