Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers what is disk mirroring in unix? Post 1705 by asutoshch on Monday 26th of March 2001 01:24:56 PM
Old 03-26-2001
Can anyone give some answers on what is disk mirroring in Unix? It may be related to unix online backup.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Disk Mirroring?? have any idea???

After reading some books, I came across this idea of having a duplicate of your current hard drive on another second hard drive so that if the first hard drive happens to crash, the system can be up and running in quickly now, is there anybody in here who uses this method at work?? If there is,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPORTANT
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disk mirroring under RedHat 8

I would like to build a new box that has the disk mirrored to another IDE disk on a different channel. Does anyone know if a RAID controller like the Promise is supported under RedHat 8, or should I use a software RAID. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk mirroring

Good Morning :) I have a new challenge to solve, I am going to write a new backup disk mirroring script. The current one, whcih is useing 'dd' caused some stalled systems :( Currently I am in the phase of experimenting with different methods, I was thinking about dump/restore afio/cpio or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcom
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Disk mirroring

Hi I have two raw disk that I want to mirror and then create soft partition on that. Could someone please help in the steps required c0t1d0 c0t0d0 Thanks Ajwat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajwat
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Help !! disk Mirroring

Hi I have a Sunfire X4100 box with a 4 disk Chassis (although I only have 2 disks in it). I have been asked to add two more disks into the chassis so that I can mirror the original two using SVM .....Ive read through a couple of SVM docs but am finding it a little confusing, and if any of you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mirroring Disk Geometry

How can one mirror disk geometry from one hard disk to another in Solaris. Is disk snapshot same as a mirror? Pls explain. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lexusujx
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 Disk Mirroring

Has anyone managed to set up disk mirroring in Solaris 10 yet? If so can you point me in the direction of some useful documentation please. Cheers (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: korfnz
25 Replies

8. Solaris

Disk Mirroring on solaris 5.8

Hi Friends, I am having Sun Solaris 5.8 OS installed having 2 different size hard disk, sizes are c0t0d0s0(160 GB) and c0t2d0s0 (40GB). I have installed Sun Solaris 5.8 OS in c0t0d0s0 (160GB) harddisk. I have configured all the parameters required for disk mirroring. But when executing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijayakumarpc
4 Replies

9. Solaris

disk mirroring

hi every body I'm new to solaris and I need your help in how to configure disk mirroring for 4 hard disks so that two of them will be replica to the other two ...??? Thanxx (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
7 Replies

10. Red Hat

Disk Mirroring

Hi, How to identify whether the disk is being mirrored or not in RHEL (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
2 Replies
BACKUP_HELP(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BACKUP_HELP(8)

NAME
backup_help - Displays help for backup commands SYNOPSIS
backup help [-topic <help string>+] [-admin] [-help] backup h [-t <help string>+] [-a] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup help command displays the complete online help entry (short description and syntax statement) for each operation code specified by the -topic argument. If the -topic argument is omitted, the output includes the first line (name and short description) of the online help entry for every backup command. To list every backup command whose name or short description includes a specified keyword, use the backup apropos command. OPTIONS
-topic <help string>+ Indicates each command for which to display the complete online help entry. Omit the backup part of the command name, providing only the operation code (for example, specify dump, not backup dump). If this argument is omitted, the output briefly describes every backup command. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The online help entry for each backup command consists of the following two or three lines: o The first line names the command and briefly describes its function. o The second line lists aliases for the command, if any. o The final line, which begins with the string "Usage", lists the command's options in the prescribed order. Online help entries use the same symbols (for example, brackets) as the reference pages in this document. EXAMPLES
The following example displays the online help entry for the backup dump command: % backup help dump backup dump: start dump Usage: backup dump -volumeset <volume set name> -dump <dump level name> [-portoffset <TC port offset>] [-at <Date/time to start dump>+] [-append] [-n] [-file <load file>] [-help] PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_apropos(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_HELP(8)