Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OpenSSH
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers OpenSSH Post 16999 by chenly on Saturday 9th of March 2002 09:42:47 PM
Old 03-09-2002
Sorry for all the questions--I'm a UNIX virgin, even though I used to sit in front of an Oracle 7.3.4 on AIX 4.1.3 box. I only used Oracle commands, not UNIX.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenSSH Patch

Hi there, I am trying to install a patch for OpenSSH that will allow for a HeartBeat function to keep me from going idle. I am using a Powerbook G4 with Tiger OS 10.4. I have downloaded the patch but when I try and run it using the command: I get the following information: I have tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perryl7
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

OpenSSH install

I'm trying to install OpenSSH on HP-UX 11.11, so, first of all, I was going to install OpenSSL, but I get an error message during "make test"... 23324:error:24064064:random number generator:SSLEAY_RAND_BYTES:PRNG not seeded:md_rand.c:503:You need to read the OpenSSL FAQ,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
8 Replies

3. AIX

openssh 5.0 with aix 5.3

Hi All, I upgraded my openssh to 5.0. Now I need to modify the sshd_config file to my company's new policy. My problem? There are two config file on my system: /usr/local/etc/sshd_config and /etc/ssh/sshd_config Which should I edit? Please help. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A problem about openssh

When I first link a computer with ssh , the information "Warning: Permanently added ... (RSA) to the list of known hosts." will be occured. How can i avoid this information without use the parameter '-q'? tks!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragehunter
2 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

OpenSSH

Hello, I downloaded Cygwin to practice on my coursework from home. I was told to download the OpenSSH from Cygwin website so that I can access my files from home. However, the file saves itself with a cgi extension and I have no idea as to what I am supposed to do next. I found info on some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feliks0
1 Replies

6. Solaris

openssh and chroot.

Hi all. I have installed openssh 5.3 and set up jailed root. It works almost as I want it to I cant cd to any directory above my ch root. my config : entry in passwd: test2:x:103:113::/users2/test2:/bin/false sshd_conf: Match User test2 ChrootDirectory /users2/%u # ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vettec3
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP with OpenSSH

Hi All, I am using SFTP command to download some files from a remote server. My both the servers are SFTP enabled. I am sending SFTP request to a Windows server from my Linux server via openSSH. and i have already exchanged publickey between both the servers. But still remote server is asking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipparlas
1 Replies

8. Fedora

OpenSSH Problem

Hello, I cannot seem to loggon to a machine using ssh/scp. Whenevr I do it closes the connection (error message : lost connection)but it appears to be the host machine closing rather than the destination which puzzles me even more. What is even weirder is that as a root user it works but as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

9. AIX

OpenSSH always ask for password

Hello together, I have a Problem with openssh on AIX 5.3. We have a big amount of AIX-hosts that run with openssh but one donīt! Every time we try to connect via ssh to the host, we get a password prompt. The myth ist, that there is no Error or somthing else. Here the output of ssh -vvvv to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: heifei
14 Replies

10. Red Hat

Openssh 6.8

Hi im using redhat enterprise linux 7 im trying to update to the latest openssh version 6.8 i ran the command yum update openssh and this upgraded only to version 6.6 how can i update to the latest version 6.8? thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
5 Replies
Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl(3pm)

NAME
Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl - Net::OpenSSH adapter for Net::SSH::Perl API compatibility SYNOPSIS
use Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl qw(:supplant); use Net::SSH::Perl; my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new('host'); $ssh->login($user, $passwd); my ($out, $err, $rc) = $ssh->cmd($cmd); DESCRIPTION
This module implements a subset of Net::SSH::Perl API on top of Net::OpenSSH. After the module is loaded as... use Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl qw(:supplant); ... it supplants the Net::SSH::Perl module as if it were installed on the machine using Net::OpenSSH under the hood to handle SSH operations. Setting defaults The hash %Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl::DEFAULTS can be used to set default values for Net::OpenSSH and other modules called under the hood and otherwise not accesible through the Net::SSH::Perl API. The entries currently supported are: connection => [ %opts ] Extra options passed to "Net::OpenSSH::new" constructor. Example: $Net::OpenSSH::Compat::SSH::Perl::DEFAULTS{connection} = [ ssh_path => "/opt/SSH/bin/ssh" ]; BUGS AND SUPPORT
This is a work in progress. "register_handler" method is not supported. Net::SSH::Perl submodules (i.e. Net::SSH::Perl::Channel) are not emulated. Anyway, if your Net::SSH::Perl script fails, fill a bug report at the CPAN RT bugtracker (https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Create.html?Queue=Net-OpenSSH-Compat <https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Create.html?Queue=Net-OpenSSH-Compat>) or just send me an e-mail with the details. Include at least: 1 - The full source of the script 2 - A description of what happens in your machine 3 - What you thing it should be happening 4 - What happens when you use the real Net::SSH::Perl 5 - The version and name of your operating system 6 - The version of the OpenSSH ssh client installed on your machine ("ssh -V") 7 - The Perl version ("perl -V") 8 - The versions of the Perl packages Net::OpenSSH, IO::Pty and this Net::OpenSSH::Compat. Git repository The source code repository is at https://github.com/salva/p5-Net-OpenSSH-Compat <https://github.com/salva/p5-Net-OpenSSH-Compat>. My wishlist If you like this module and you're feeling generous, take a look at my Amazon Wish List: <http://amzn.com/w/1WU1P6IR5QZ42> Also consider contributing to the OpenSSH project this module builds upon: <http://www.openssh.org/donations.html>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2011 by Salvador Fandin~o (sfandino@yahoo.com) This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.10.0 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-24 Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl(3pm)