Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bootp/tftp
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers bootp/tftp Post 16902 by maverick on Friday 8th of March 2002 06:38:54 AM
Old 03-08-2002
bootp/tftp

Hi,

Setting up print queue, using SMIT on AIX

And I have an option saying do I wish to make this a BOOTP/TFTP server. What exactly does this do?

Thanks
maverick

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TFTP setup

ok, I configured inetd.conf so that the tftp string is not commented out, but I cannot get the process to start. I'm running Solaris 5.8 and need some help. Cabletron said that it's process is 3485, i tried to kill it, it's the wrong process. I started inetd again and still can't kill it. i... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: veitcha
15 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Install PXE/BootP/TFTP

Im trying to help my professor at school, were trying to setup a linux server, that is configured with bootp/tftp/PXE. the client computer NICs have support to boot off PXE. What we would like to do is if a client computer does not have an OS, it would boot off the server, and display a menu to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwalick
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tftp

Is it possible to copy files between two computers with TFTP.And how? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bericica
1 Replies

4. Linux

BOOTP on HP Thin clients

Please m new around here! Can anyone take me thru implementing bootp on my thin clients via my central server? Preciate ur assistance. Thanks folks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuk_uka
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enabling TFTP

ive been trying to enable a tftp service on a unix box using the command atftpd --daemon but when i scan the open ports using nmap it doesnt show that port 21 as up does anyone know the reason... ive tried /etc/init.d/atftpd start , it didnt work if i type atftpd by it self it gives me a set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratamahatta
2 Replies

6. SCO

Need help in BOOTP Server and Client configuration

Dear All; I need help in configuring the BOOTP server, I have found something on internet forums regarding the file: bootptab and editing some lines but Im not if they are all correct. Also, I need help to configure my clients (UNIX) to boot up with this bootp server(UNIX). I will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amirzandi
1 Replies

7. AIX

Building a 43p using BOOTP

I have a 43p 120 (7248-120) which I am trying to install AIX 5.2 on. I have built a Nimol server on a Linux PC running SUSE LES 10. I have setup the 43p to perfom a network boot (BOOTP) and all the addresses in the network settings under SMS are set to 0.0.0.0. When I power up the 43p it... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
15 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tftp troubleshooting

Hi I am trying to do a network install of Solaris 10 08_07 onto a Sunfire T2000. I have configured all my network-boot-arguments on the client server (named sundb1). I have installed my image of Solaris on my install server (sun1). But when I try to install using # boot net -s I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby76
0 Replies

9. Linux

tftp will not start.

I have setup nimol on a Fedora 9 machine. Nimol is installed and correctly configured and I have a client rs6000 (43p) declared in the dhcpd.conf file. all is running correctly and tftp is installed. I am monitoring /var/log/messages when I start the 43p and see the dhcp request come in and a reply... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Bootp/tftp issue neeeeeed help plz

i find a solution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shady_2005
2 Replies
NWPJMV(1)							      nwpjmv								 NWPJMV(1)

NAME
nwpjvm - Move print job to Unix queue SYNOPSIS
nwpjmv [ -S server ] [ -h ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -q queue name ] [ -c command ] [ -j job number ] [ -d ] DESCRIPTION
nwpjmv is a program that connects to print queues on NetWare servers and moves a designated print job to a Unix queue. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the print server name at the server. -P password password is the password to use for the print server at the server. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, pserver prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if the print server does not require a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -q queue name queue name is the name of the print queue you want to service. -c command nwpjmv removes the designated job from the Novell queue and feeds the job file to stdin. command is the printing command that is exe- cuted for each job. The default command is 'lpr'. You can insert several flags into the command, preceded by %. These are replaced with values retrieved from the queue structure for the print job. %u: This field will be replaced by the name of the user who posted this print job. %d: This field will be replaced by the job description field of this print job. -j job number This designates the ID number of the print job to be moved. -d causes extra error messages to be logged. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), slist(1), pqlist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8), pserver(1) CREDITS
nwpjmv was written by Bruno Browning (bruno@lss.wisc.edu) based on pserver by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nwpjmv 03/15/2003 NWPJMV(1)