Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: users at terminal
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting users at terminal Post 16793 by LivinFree on Thursday 7th of March 2002 12:51:11 AM
Old 03-07-2002

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

3 users in my psuedo terminal

# uptime 01:55:24 up 22 days, 2:50, 3 users, load average: 0.01, 0.02, 0.00 i have this when i do uptime. but there isnt anibody inside it. all are root ( that is me ) when i go to /dev/pts/ i can only see 0. so how do i clear this counter of 3 users to a real logical one? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djstudio
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I list all users from a terminal window in MAC?

Hi, What command is needed to find all or certain users from a terminal window in MAC OS X 10.5? Where is a list of categorized commands that could help me find answers similar to this particular question? Thanks. Juan Dent (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Juan Dent
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i find out the list of users whose terminal is writable?

Hello, i just wanted to know how do i find out the list of users whose terminal is writable?i mean i used who -T but this gives a list of all users whose terminal is writable or blocked and not writable. So how do i do this?I am new to Unix. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: salman4u
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create new users on my mac from the terminal

I finally got how to su - in my mac from the terminal. Now I would like to be able to add new users. useradd -m -d ..... doesn't seem to work. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigmac18
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help: Add email users in OSX terminal

Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post. I am a VERY basic user here and have been tasked with adding a user to our email system -- we use a squirrelmail interface and I have root passwords etc. I tried logging in through a browser but get this error: ERROR: Connection dropped... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dperro01
1 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Help: Add email users in OSX terminal

Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post. I am a VERY basic user here and have been tasked with adding a user to our email system -- we use a squirrelmail interface and I have root passwords etc. I tried logging in through a browser but get this error: ERROR: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dperro01
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to see what ther Root users are doing while logged in to terminal

I have a server that i need to monitor what the .bash_history file for the root user already logged in to the server I am logged in as root and have another person logged on as root and i want to monitor what they are doing: root ? :0 2010-10-19 11:54 root + pts/1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: calicowboy54
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Display info about users (UID GID processes terminal)

I would like to get an opinion for my solution for this task and get feedback about better approach or mistakes I have made. 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The task is to create a script which prints information about users whose names are specified in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kornfan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot get terminal application to launch with a graphical launcher when successful in terminal

I have been having an extremely annoying problem. For the record, I am relatively new at this. I've only been working with unix-based OS's for roughly two years, mostly Xubuntu and some Kali. I am pretty familiar with the BASH language, as that's the default shell for debian. Now, I've made this... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Terminal Output Exactly how it Appears in the Terminal to a New Text File

Hello All, I have a text file containing output from a command that contains lots of escape/control characters that when viewed using vi or view, looks like jibberish. But when viewed using the cat command the output is formatted properly. Is there any way to take the output from the cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
7 Replies
TTYTYPE(5)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							TTYTYPE(5)

NAME
ttytype - terminal device to default terminal type mapping DESCRIPTION
The /etc/ttytype file associates termcap(5)/terminfo(5) terminal type names with tty lines. Each line consists of a terminal type, fol- lowed by whitespace, followed by a tty name (a device name without the /dev/) prefix. This association is used by the program tset(1) to set the environment variable TERM to the default terminal name for the user's current tty. This facility was designed for a traditional time-sharing environment featuring character-cell terminals hardwired to a UNIX minicomputer. It is little used on modern workstation and personal UNIX systems. FILES
/etc/ttytype the tty definitions file. EXAMPLE
A typical /etc/ttytype is: con80x25 tty1 vt320 ttys0 SEE ALSO
termcap(5), terminfo(5), agetty(8), mingetty(8) Linux 2012-12-31 TTYTYPE(5)