Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: opening ports
Special Forums Cybersecurity opening ports Post 16758 by dryheat on Wednesday 6th of March 2002 01:24:44 PM
Old 03-06-2002
I ported and compiled my client so they both ran on the Linux box, and I got the same error from connect() "ECONNREFUSED." I've also added an entry to /etc/services for my app and protocol/port and added a rule using ipchains. I also tried using both 127.0.0.1 and my LAN addr of the box 192.168.0.2 with the same result.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opening files

I am very new to unix. I want to open a file and read one line in at a time. Can anybody help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saarshad001
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Opening CDE

I have installed JASS on one of my sun servers. I am now trying to open for CDE. For that I have done these steps: mv /etc/rc2.d/_S71rpc.JASS.* /etc/rc2.d/S71rpc mv /etc/rc2.d/_S99dtlogin.JASS* /etc/rc2.d/S99dtlogin but still no CDE. Any advice on this?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: encrypted
3 Replies

3. AIX

Opening ports

Hi guys, I need to open ports on my AIX machine. The only way I know is to use service name to disable or enable ports which are used by the services. I found in /etc/services that the ports are unidentified. Btw, I want to open port number 11576 and 11577. Need help on this one. Thanks! :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raskita
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opening TCP ports

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post, but I'd be grateful if somebody could please help me. I'm trying to open ports 999, 1982 and 1983 but am not having much luck. I used iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --sport 999 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT iptables -A INPUT -i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehaapyappy
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

problem opening TCP ports

Please can somebody help me. I'm trying to open ports 999, 1982 and 1983 but am not having much luck. I used iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --sport 999 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --sport 1982 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT iptables... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehaapyappy
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Please help with opening a port??

Hello all, I need assistance... I need to open a port # 36677 and have it remain open even after a power cycle. I thought all I needed to do was add it to /etc/services. That was not it... Can someone please tell me how to do this. Thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
6 Replies

7. Solaris

SMC not opening

I am working with Solaris 9.In that I am trying to open SMC(Solaris Management Console) but when I am clicking it,nothing is opening. Can any1 tell me why it is not opening??:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Opening ports 8015/8016 restricted to selected IP addresses

Hello there I'm using a vendor-supplied application on RHEL4 that includes a built-in Tcl webserver. The webserver is working but I cannot access it from any computer other than the host workstation. I suspect that the firewall is blocking ports 8015/8016. I have two questions: 1. How do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: craig3201
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Who are all opening my datasets,?

Hi, I need a command/script, who opened my dataset, consider a situation like, if a user has opened the dataset few days back then, that command/script should list his/her id. I don't want audit on my dataset, i need only list of users who are using my dataset. Thank you. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbarao12
10 Replies
FIREWALLD.DIRECT(5)						 firewalld.direct					       FIREWALLD.DIRECT(5)

NAME
firewalld.direct - firewalld direct configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/firewalld/direct.xml DESCRIPTION
A firewalld direct configuration file contains the information about permanent direct chains and rules. These are the chains, rules and passthrough ... This is the structure of a direct configuration file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <direct> [ <chain ipv="ipv4|ipv6" table="table" chain="chain"/> ] [ <rule ipv="ipv4|ipv6" table="table" chain="chain" priority="priority"> args </rule> ] [ <passthrough ipv="ipv4|ipv6"> args </passthrough> ] </direct> direct The mandatory direct start and end tag defines the direct. This tag can only be used once in a direct configuration file. There are no attributes for direct. chain Is an optional empty-element tag and can be used several times. It can be used to define names for additional chains. A chain entry has exactly three attributes: ipv="ipv4|ipv6" The IP family where the chain will be created. This can be either ipv4 or ipv6. table="table" The table name where the chain will be created. This can be one of the tables that can be used for iptables or ip6tables. For the possible values, please have a look at the TABLES section in the iptables man pages: For ipv="ipv4" in iptables(8), for ipv="ipv6" in ip6tables(8). chain="chain" The name of the chain, that will be created. Please make sure that there is no other chain with this name already. Please remember to add a rule or passthrough rule with an --jump or --goto option to connect the chain to another one. rule Is an optional element tag and can be used several times. It can be used to add rules to a built-in or added chain. A rule entry has exactly four attributes: ipv="ipv4|ipv6" The IP family where the rule will be added. This can be either ipv4 or ipv6. table="table" The table name where the chain will be created. This can be one of the tables that casn be used for iptables or ip6tables. For the possible values, please have a look at the TABLES section in the iptables man pages: For ipv="ipv4" in iptables(8), for ipv="ipv6" in ip6tables(8). chain="chain" The name of the chain where the rule will be added. This can be either a built-in chain or a chain that has been created with the chain tag. priority="priority" The priority is used to order rules. Priority 0 means add rule on top of the chain, with a higher priority the rule will be added further down. Rules with the same priority are on the same level and the order of these rules is not fixed and may change. If you want to make sure that a rule will be added after another one, use a low priority for the first and a higher for the following. The args can be any arguments of iptables or ip6tables, that do not conflict with the table or chain attributes. If the chain name is a built-in chain, then the rule will be added to chain_direct, else the supplied chain name is used. chain_direct is created internally for all built-in chains to make sure that the added rules do not conflict with the rules created by firewalld. passthrough Is an optional element tag and can be used several times. It can be used to add rules to a built-in or added chain. A rule entry has exactly one attribute: ipv="ipv4|ipv6" The IP family where the passthrough rule will be added. This can be either ipv4 or ipv6. The args can be any arguments of iptables or ip6tables. The passthrough rule will be added to the chain directly. There is no mechanism like for the direct rule above. The user of the passthrough rule has to make sure that there will be no conflict with the rules created by firewalld. EXAMPLE
Blacklisting of the networks 192.168.1.0/24 and 192.168.5.0/24 with logging and dropping early in the raw table: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <direct> <chain ipv="ipv4" table="raw" chain="blacklist"/> <rule ipv="ipv4" table="raw" chain="PREROUTING" priority="0">-s 192.168.1.0/24 -j blacklist</rule> <rule ipv="ipv4" table="raw" chain="PREROUTING" priority="1">-s 192.168.5.0/24 -j blacklist</rule> <rule ipv="ipv4" table="raw" chain="blacklist" priority="0">-m limit --limit 1/min -j LOG --log-prefix "blacklisted: "</rule> <rule ipv="ipv4" table="raw" chain="blacklist" priority="1">-j DROP</rule> </direct> SEE ALSO
firewall-applet(1), firewalld(1), firewall-cmd(1), firewall-config(1), firewalld.conf(5), firewalld.direct(5), firewalld.icmptype(5), firewalld.lockdown-whitelist(5), firewall-offline-cmd(1), firewalld.richlanguage(5), firewalld.service(5), firewalld.zone(5), firewalld.zones(5) NOTES
firewalld home page at fedorahosted.org: http://fedorahosted.org/firewalld/ More documentation with examples: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD AUTHORS
Thomas Woerner <twoerner@redhat.com> Developer Jiri Popelka <jpopelka@redhat.com> Developer firewalld 0.3.9 FIREWALLD.DIRECT(5)