Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: performance problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users performance problem Post 16715 by caoai on Wednesday 6th of March 2002 06:14:21 AM
Old 03-06-2002
Thanks.

I don't have 'top' in my system.

Cao Ai

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX server performance problem!

Hello, I have a performance problem on an AIX box. I'm not sure what is causing this and hoping someone may have suggestions. Currently I'm noticing that cpu's are waiting while the box is in a idle state. I checked the disks and none of them are at 100%. If they were then I would understand... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctcuser
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Performance problem

Hi All, There is a virtual user "ecoouk" which logs on to the server and runs some scripts. I want to know how much server performance can I gain if I put off all the scripts run by this user. Please tell me how to analyse how much resources a specific user is using. Regards, Abhishek (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network performance problem

I have a Teradata Machine, using MP-RAS Unix, with a 1000 Intel Ethernet card and a Cisco switch. If I configure the ethernet card and the switch to auto, so they negotiate to 1000, or configure the ethernet card and switch manually to 1000Full or 100Full, the velocity is very very low. Only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cuatrodos
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

VPN performance problem

This is a weird problem I've been butting my head against for days now... I have two OpenVPN servers set up with identical configurations except for the keys. One of them is hosted in a datacenter with a large backbone, the other is hosted on my home server's limited residential internet. One... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
9 Replies

5. Linux

Help in monitoring performance problem in Linux

hello, i'm having some performance problem on one of my linux machines and i hope someone will be able to help me analyzing the problem. machine info: Linux fedora, cpu x 4 cores of 1.6Ghz, 8G memory, 8G swap. i've enabled sar on my machine and created a graph using ksar utility for... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: levic
15 Replies

6. Red Hat

Disk performance problem on login

Running CentOS 5.5: I've come across a relatively recent problem, where in the last 2 months or so, the root disk goes to 99% utilization for about 20 seconds when a user logs in. This occurs whether a user logs in locally or via ssh. I have tried using lsof to track down the process that is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

Performance problem - waiting on cache

My server is running HP-UX 11.23 and one Oracle database. The server has 8 CPUs and is mostly idle all the time. Buffer cache is set to 10%min/max with 5GB memory on the server. I have a user complaining that a batch process is all of a sudden taking a long time to finish. The DBA gave me the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Performance problem with bidirectional nc

Working on a simple, half duplex network diagnostic that will run anywhere using nc and dd. Performance is symmetrical with sink and source nc processes open as a server: nc -vkl 5000 > /dev/null & cat /dev/zero | nc -vkl 5001 & With this on the client: nc host0 5001 | dd of=/dev/null... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdrx
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance problem in Shell Script

Hi, I am Shell script beginner. I wrote a shell programming that will take each line of a file1 and search for it in another file2 and give me the output of the lines that do not exist in the file2. I wrote it using do while nested loop but the problem here is its running for ever . Is there... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthisivi
12 Replies
pnmcut(1)						      General Commands Manual							 pnmcut(1)

NAME
pnmcut - cut a rectangle out of a portable anymap SYNOPSIS
pnmcut [-left leftcol] [-right rightcol] [-top toprow] [-bottom bottomrow] [-width width] [-height height] [-pad] [-verbose] [ left top width height ] [pnmfile] All options may be abbreviated to the shortest unique prefix. DESCRIPTION
Reads a PBM, PGM, or PPM image as input. Extracts the specified rectangle, and produces the same kind of image as output. There are two ways to specify the rectangle to cut: arguments and options. Options are easier to remember and read, more expressive, and allow you to use defaults. Arguments were the only way available before July 2000. If you use both options and arguments, the two specifications get mixed in an unspecified way. To use options, just code any mixture of the -left, -right, -top, -bottom, -width, and -height options. What you don't specify defaults. It is an error to overspecify, i.e. to specify all three of -left, -right, and -width or -top, -bottom, and -height. To use arguments, specify all four of the left, top, width, and height arguments. left and top have the same effect as specifying them as the argument of a -left or -top option, respectively. width and height have the same effect as specifying them as the argument of a -width or -height option, respectively, where they are positive. Where they are not positive, they have the same effect as specifying one less than the value as the argument to a -right or -bottom option, respectively. (E.g. width = 0 makes the cut go all the way to the right edge). Before July 2000, negative numbers were not allowed for width and height. Input is from Standard Input if you don't specify the input file pnmfile. Output is to Standard Output. OPTIONS
-left The column number of the leftmost column to be in the output. If a nonnegative number, it refers to columns numbered from 0 at the left, increasing to the right. If negative, it refers to columns numbered -1 at the right, decreasing to the left. -right The column number of the rightmost column to be in the output, numbered the same as for -left. -top The row number of the topmost row to be in the output. If a nonnegative number it refers to rows numbered from 0 at the top, increasing downward. If negative, it refers to columns numbered -1 at the bottom, decreasing upward. -bottom The row number of the bottom-most row to be in the output, numbered the same as for -top. -width The number of columns to be in the output. Must be positive. -height The number of rows to be in the output. Must be positive. -pad If the rectangle you specify is not entirely within the input image, pnmcut fails unless you also specify -pad. In that case, it pads the output with black up to the edges you specify. You can use this option if you need to have an image of certain dimensions and have an image of arbitrary dimensions. pnmpad can also fill an image out to a specified dimension, and gives you more explicit control over the padding. -verbose Print information about the processing to Standard Error. SEE ALSO
pnmcrop(1), pnmpad(1), pnmcat(1), pgmslice(1), pnm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 29 June 2000 pnmcut(1)