Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX 3.2.5 Documentation
Top Forums Programming AIX 3.2.5 Documentation Post 16696 by cejoe on Wednesday 6th of March 2002 02:01:10 AM
Old 03-06-2002
Excellent link! Heres to old books still in print! I dont think I'm going to find this one on the discount rack though. This should get me started, at least enough to determine if its feasable. Thanks.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

KSH UNIX documentation

Hello, I am looking for a general KSH UNIX documentation on the web. Would you have an URL ? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Filippo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

df command documentation

how can i find a comprehensive documentation about df command of unix? (more detailed than unix man pages) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Help with SunOS 5.8 documentation ?

Hi all. I have machine with SUN OS 5.8 but i don't have any documentation about that. where i can found any documentation about this OS? I have look in the sticky thread about Solaris in this forum, but can't found for the SUN OS 5.8. it's same with Solaris 10 or have major difference with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: urangkayo
4 Replies

4. Solaris

need LDAP documentation

Dear Members, 1- i need good documentation for LDAP installation, configuration 2- you recommeddation using LDAP under linux or solaris which is more easy for administration 3- is that possible to make integration between and LDAP and any email server like qmail (like windows active directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hosney00ux
3 Replies

5. Programming

libxml2 documentation

i need to read/write a xml file in c i found libxml2, but the documentation is awfull, im using google but i get most of vb, or c# results can anyone point me to a introduction tutorial? actually, any kind of documentation would be ok (just not the oficial The XML C parser and toolkit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with documentation

I have a list of file names Set Lst = "n02-z30-3x2drw-run1.log n02-z30-3x2drw-run2.log n02-z30-3x2drw-run3.log n02-z50-3x2drw-run1.log n02-z50-3x2drw-run2.log" So basically I have the files below n02-z30-3x2drw-run1.log n02-z30-3x2drw-run2.log n02-z30-3x2drw-run3.log ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP-UX 10.20 Documentation

I'm trying to find the 10.20 documentation online. I found some stuff at g4u0420c.houston.hp.com but these are pretty poor scans some of them being almost unreadable - for example: http://g4u0420c.houston.hp.com/en/B1171-90076/B1171-90076.pdf which is a scan of a DRAFT version of the X... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: perdrix
9 Replies

8. AIX

The Missing AIX Documentation Project

Welcome to AIX - All Intricacies eXplained List of AIX commands lacking documentation: mkinstallp (create installable packages) imfs (create FS entries in /etc/filesystems) getlvodm (get LVM information from LVCB and ODM) ldeletepv (delete phantom disks from ODM) lqueryvg (lists... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies
captoinfo(1)						      General Commands Manual						      captoinfo(1)

NAME
captoinfo - convert a termcap description into a terminfo description SYNOPSIS
captoinfo [-vn width] [-V] [-1] [-w width] file . . . DESCRIPTION
captoinfo looks in file for termcap descriptions. For each one found, an equivalent terminfo description is written to standard output. Termcap tc capabilities are translated directly to terminfo use capabilities. If no file is given, then the environment variable TERMCAP is used for the filename or entry. If TERMCAP is a full pathname to a file, only the terminal whose name is specified in the environment variable TERM is extracted from that file. If the environment variable TERM- CAP is not set, then the file /usr/share/terminfo is read. -v print out tracing information on standard error as the program runs. -V print out the version of the program in use on standard error and exit. -1 cause the fields to print out one to a line. Otherwise, the fields will be printed several to a line to a maximum width of 60 charac- ters. -w change the output to width characters. FILES
/usr/share/terminfo Compiled terminal description database. TRANSLATIONS FROM NONSTANDARD CAPABILITIES
Some obsolete nonstandard capabilities will automatically be translated into standard (SVr4/XSI Curses) terminfo capabilities by captoinfo. Whenever one of these automatic translations is done, the program will issue an notification to stderr, inviting the user to check that it has not mistakenly translated a completely unknown and random capability and/or syntax error. XENIX termcap also used to have a set of extension capabilities for forms drawing, designed to take advantage of the IBM PC high-half graphics. They were as follows: If the single-line capabilities occur in an entry, they will automatically be composed into an acsc string. The double-line capabilities and GG are discarded with a warning message. IBM's AIX has a terminfo facility descended from SVr1 terminfo but incompatible with the SVr4 format. The following AIX extensions are automatically translated: Additionally, the AIX box1 capability will be automatically translated to an acsc string. Hewlett-Packard's terminfo library supports two nonstandard terminfo capabilities meml (memory lock) and memu (memory unlock). These will be discarded with a warning message. NOTES
This utility is actually a link to tic(1), running in -I mode. You can use other tic options such as -f and -x. The trace option is not identical to SVr4's. Under SVr4, instead of following the -v with a trace level n, you repeat it n times. SEE ALSO
infocmp(1), ncurses(3NCURSES), terminfo(5) This describes ncurses version 5.7 (patch 20100109). AUTHOR
Eric S. Raymond <esr@snark.thyrsus.com> captoinfo(1)