Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Exceed - dial in - CDE
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Exceed - dial in - CDE Post 16644 by MizzGail on Tuesday 5th of March 2002 03:40:16 PM
Old 03-05-2002
We were using exceed to work on a digital unix box. We used the wizard to create a session to grab the CDE once you have your connection. Ours was extremely slow through dialup and we had trouble getting the resolution to work correctly. but it can be done.
Good Luck.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dial Up Server on RH 7.1

Hello, I'd like to know if it is possible to set up a Dial Up server on a Red Hat 7.1 Instalation so that friends/colleagues can dial into my computer and log in (eg. SLIP/PPP)? Or if i'd have to download any other software with which to do this. And if so, where would I find something good... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Dial Up in FreeBSD 4.10

Hi, I just came to visit my folks and they dont have a wireless network setup in the house, so I have to connect to the net using my dial up modem. Unfortunately my windows seems to be quite buggy lately (...assuming it ever worked flalessly), so I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PenguinDevil
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dial-up connection

Hi all. I am running a C++ program on UNIX which needs days to finish but my dial-up connection disconnects after 4 hours. Is there any way for the program to keep running until it finishes after I log out? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegas503
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dial-Up Modem

Im using Kinternet with a Lucent modem on Suse 9.0 Ive installed the ltmodem driver and suse says the device is ready and configured. Ive configured it at /dev/ttyS0 This is the log that Kinternet gives after trying to connect: SuSE Meta pppd (smpppd-ifcfg), Version 1.06 on linux. Status... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Synbios
0 Replies

5. SCO

Dial-Out & Dial-In Connections in OpenServer 5.0.6.

Friends, I am facing a problem in connecting two SCO Openserver 5.0.6 servers through Dial-Up connectivity as is done in the case of two Windows PCs. Please help me out with the following problems: (a) How to configure the modem? (b) How to setup a Dial-In connection? (c) How to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobolguy
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix + Dial-up = ???

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if i can run Unix to the internet? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slade
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dial-up internet

Hi, I want to know working of dial-up internet on the PC. Please tell me how internet connection and ip address assigning happened. I know all this procedure in the broadband internet. But I confused for the 'dial-up' and 'internet in mobile'. I am eagarly wait for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
6 Replies

8. Linux

Dial-up Networking

I use Red-Hat 8.0, with Gnome, and I have a dial-up internet connection. My phone-line however is zero-dial. At first I have to dial 0 to get the dial tone, and later the number of my service provider.How do I change my settings to accomodate this ? I tried prefixing the number with 0 and 0, and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundaresh
0 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to migrate Solaris 10 CDE config to HP-UX CDE.

Hello, Do you guys by any chance know what is the best (if any ) way to move CDE configuration from a SOLARIS 10 machine to HP-UX? Just the config (actions, text files etc). Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Connect to SunOS CDE from another CDE

I have two CDE desktop accounts on different server (called this CDE#1, CDE#2) on the same network. However, my current setup is connecting to the Solaris CDE#1,CDE#2 via Citrix. My plan is to connect to CD#1 and then somehow connect to CDE#2. How do I do this? I am just a regular user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthach830
0 Replies
dialups(4)							   File Formats 							dialups(4)

NAME
dialups - list of terminal devices requiring a dial-up password SYNOPSIS
/etc/dialups DESCRIPTION
dialups is an ASCII file which contains a list of terminal devices that require a dial-up password. A dial-up password is an additional password required of users who access the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The correct password must be entered before the user is granted access to the computer. The set of ports that require a dial-up password are listed in the dialups file. Each entry in the dialups file is a single line of the form: terminal-device where terminal-device The full path name of the terminal device that will require a dial-up password for users accessing the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The dialups file should be owned by the root user and the root group. The file should have read and write permissions for the owner (root) only. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample dialups file. Here is a sample dialups file: /dev/term/a /dev/term/b /dev/term/c FILES
/etc/d_passwd dial-up password file /etc/dialups list of dial-up ports requiring dial-up passwords SEE ALSO
d_passwd(4) SunOS 5.10 4 May 1994 dialups(4)