Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Exceed - dial in - CDE
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Exceed - dial in - CDE Post 16599 by kristy on Tuesday 5th of March 2002 09:30:19 AM
Old 03-05-2002
Exceed - dial in - CDE

Hi folks. I'm curious to see if anyone has had success using Exceed, through a dial in connection, to access the Solaris CDE?

Thanks,
kristy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dial Up Server on RH 7.1

Hello, I'd like to know if it is possible to set up a Dial Up server on a Red Hat 7.1 Instalation so that friends/colleagues can dial into my computer and log in (eg. SLIP/PPP)? Or if i'd have to download any other software with which to do this. And if so, where would I find something good... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Dial Up in FreeBSD 4.10

Hi, I just came to visit my folks and they dont have a wireless network setup in the house, so I have to connect to the net using my dial up modem. Unfortunately my windows seems to be quite buggy lately (...assuming it ever worked flalessly), so I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PenguinDevil
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dial-up connection

Hi all. I am running a C++ program on UNIX which needs days to finish but my dial-up connection disconnects after 4 hours. Is there any way for the program to keep running until it finishes after I log out? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegas503
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dial-Up Modem

Im using Kinternet with a Lucent modem on Suse 9.0 Ive installed the ltmodem driver and suse says the device is ready and configured. Ive configured it at /dev/ttyS0 This is the log that Kinternet gives after trying to connect: SuSE Meta pppd (smpppd-ifcfg), Version 1.06 on linux. Status... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Synbios
0 Replies

5. SCO

Dial-Out & Dial-In Connections in OpenServer 5.0.6.

Friends, I am facing a problem in connecting two SCO Openserver 5.0.6 servers through Dial-Up connectivity as is done in the case of two Windows PCs. Please help me out with the following problems: (a) How to configure the modem? (b) How to setup a Dial-In connection? (c) How to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobolguy
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix + Dial-up = ???

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if i can run Unix to the internet? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slade
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dial-up internet

Hi, I want to know working of dial-up internet on the PC. Please tell me how internet connection and ip address assigning happened. I know all this procedure in the broadband internet. But I confused for the 'dial-up' and 'internet in mobile'. I am eagarly wait for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
6 Replies

8. Linux

Dial-up Networking

I use Red-Hat 8.0, with Gnome, and I have a dial-up internet connection. My phone-line however is zero-dial. At first I have to dial 0 to get the dial tone, and later the number of my service provider.How do I change my settings to accomodate this ? I tried prefixing the number with 0 and 0, and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundaresh
0 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to migrate Solaris 10 CDE config to HP-UX CDE.

Hello, Do you guys by any chance know what is the best (if any ) way to move CDE configuration from a SOLARIS 10 machine to HP-UX? Just the config (actions, text files etc). Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Connect to SunOS CDE from another CDE

I have two CDE desktop accounts on different server (called this CDE#1, CDE#2) on the same network. However, my current setup is connecting to the Solaris CDE#1,CDE#2 via Citrix. My plan is to connect to CD#1 and then somehow connect to CDE#2. How do I do this? I am just a regular user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthach830
0 Replies
dialups(4)							   File Formats 							dialups(4)

NAME
dialups - list of terminal devices requiring a dial-up password SYNOPSIS
/etc/dialups DESCRIPTION
dialups is an ASCII file which contains a list of terminal devices that require a dial-up password. A dial-up password is an additional password required of users who access the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The correct password must be entered before the user is granted access to the computer. The set of ports that require a dial-up password are listed in the dialups file. Each entry in the dialups file is a single line of the form: terminal-device where terminal-device The full path name of the terminal device that will require a dial-up password for users accessing the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The dialups file should be owned by the root user and the root group. The file should have read and write permissions for the owner (root) only. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample dialups file. Here is a sample dialups file: /dev/term/a /dev/term/b /dev/term/c FILES
/etc/d_passwd dial-up password file /etc/dialups list of dial-up ports requiring dial-up passwords SEE ALSO
d_passwd(4) SunOS 5.10 4 May 1994 dialups(4)