Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers nvram reset or crack password Post 16535 by killerserv on Monday 4th of March 2002 04:33:00 AM
Old 03-04-2002
nvram password usually are set in your sistem BIOS (EPROM) to disable it remove the cover of your system and take out the system Battery (carefull while touching the battery surface). Hold for a couples of minutes then put it back. The nvram password would automatically released from the memory (blank). Hope it helps, post back if this solution doesnt help much...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Not receiving my reset password

Hi, I reset my password couple of times. On both the occasions, I get the message that the password is reset and it would be mailed to you. But I have never received the mail. Could you please let me know my password so that I can login. My user id is ranj@tcs. Thanks, Ranjith (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whyaskedhere
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

I would like to reset my password

Hi Moderators, I forgot the login password and am accessing the forum page through save form password credentials. Could you please reset my password ? Thanks, :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
5 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password reset not being accepted

Why would a password reset, a provided numerical value thru email, not be accepted when trying to log in with it? I have expired the 5 login attempts twice with still no acceptance. thanks for the help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: W.A.C.
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Password reset

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have cron change your password every month from an encrypted list of passwords?I have several servers I hardly ever go near but when I do the password has always expired and it takes a long time to get the administrators to reset it for me. I was thinking... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
4 Replies

5. SCO

Reset root OR crack old sco 3.2 machine

I have an old compaq running sco 3.2. the old IT guy died and we need to reset the password OR crack into the machine. I have tried mscreen and at exploits but can't seem to get them to work. I have access with other user accounts. This is a machine we own. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Need to crack username and password on laptop

I am not a computer geek but I recently was given a Dell Latitude c400 laptop which has Red Hat Linux 2.4.20-6 GRUB Version 0.93. First of all I have no clue how to even use this operating system and I was never given the username or password. Is there anyone out there who could possibly help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: missfixit74
4 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Reset Password

So my dad bought an iMac from my mom, but she does not know the admin password anymore. I read on the apple forums that I should look here for help on resetting the password. The iMac runs OSX 10.6.3. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PhsycoDragon
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Reset Password

Installed Solaris 11.3 Gnome Desktop It wouldn't let me log on at lock screen after first reboot. It finally relented and let me in after about 20 logon failures. How do I reset password now that I am in? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solaris User
10 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
nvram(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  nvram(8)

NAME
nvram - manipulate firmware NVRAM variables SYNOPSIS
nvram [ -p ] [ -f filename ] [ -d name ] [ -c ] [ name [= value ]] ... DESCRIPTION
The nvram command allows manipulation of firmware NVRAM variables. It can be used to get or set a variable. It can also be used to print all of the variables or set a list of variables from a file. Changes to NVRAM variables are only saved by clean restart or shutdown. In principle, name can be any string. In practice, not all strings will be accepted. New World machines can create new variables as desired. Some variables require administrator privilege to get or set. The given value must match the data type required for name. Binary data can be set using the %xx notation, where xx is the hex value of the byte. The type for new variables is always binary data. OPTIONS
-d name Deletes the named firmware variable. -f filename Set firmware variables from a text file. The file must be a list of "name value" statements. The first space on each line is taken to be the separator between "name" and "value". If the last character of a line is , the value extends to the next line. -x Use XML format for reading and writing variables. This option must be used before the -p or -f options, since arguments are pro- cessed in order. -c Delete all of the firmware variables. -p Print all of the firmware variables. EXAMPLES
example% nvram boot-args="-s rd=*hd:10" Set the boot-args variable to "-s rd=*hd:10". This would specify single user mode with the root device in hard drive partition 10. example% nvram my-variable="String One%00String Two%00%00" Create a new variable, my-variable, containing a list of two C-strings that is terminated by a NUL. example% nvram -d my-variable Deletes the variable named my-variable. October 28, 2003 nvram(8)