Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Red Hat Linux 6.0
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Red Hat Linux 6.0 Post 16481 by bbutler3295 on Saturday 2nd of March 2002 09:50:32 AM
Old 03-02-2002
Thanks i will take a look.
BB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Linux Red Hat 6.0

Hi everyone, I'm planning on installing Linux Redhat on my system, what are the steps i need to take in order to install it side by side with Win'98 or Win'Me OS. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chaos
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does Motif come with Linux Red Hat 7.2??

I want to know because am very interested in learning the basics or even the whole thing if it isn't too complicated. if it doesn't come with linux red hat, then, where can I get rich information about it?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Slackware's Linux 3.0 VS Red Hat Linux 7.x

Hello guys, I got overzealous (I Think). I got the book Linux Unleashed that comes with the Slackware 3.0 Version of Linux for $2.00.I also have Red Hat Linux 7.2 (No book, just the OS).What I wanted to know was,other than the bells and whistles of Red Hat is there any significant difference... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perrylx
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XP to Linux (Red Hat)

I have a PC running XP, and I have a PC that dual boots W2K and Red Hat Linux 7.3. I have the two connected via crossover cable, and the two can access each other when both are running windows. If I were to boot up Linux, can my XP PC telnet to the Linux PC? Any pointers or websites to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
3 Replies

5. Linux

Red Hat Linux 9

Hello there! Will anybody please tell me some good links to online eBooks on Red Hat Linux 9 user experiences and the like. If the books are in PDF Format, it will be nice to read. Thanks for cooperation in advance. Enjoy using open source and breathe freely! JAM (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jawwad
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

RAID on Red Hat Linux 7.2

Hi all I have an old Compaq DL380 (G1) server with 4 hard disks. It is running Red Hat Linux 7.2 One of the disks died. I didn't build the box myself. How would I determine if software RAID was configured? I had a look a /etc/fstab, but it's only referring to ida/c0d0 The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

7. Linux

login in red hat linux

Hi, I have got a very simple, but unresolved problem. I am trying to login in Red Hat Linux here. However the login shell is mentioned as csh in /etc/passwd file. I am unable to make out which file is executed on login - .bash_profile ? There is no file like .bash_login or .bash_tshrc.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Enterprise RED HAT Linux

The Adobe Flash Player does not work in my Enterprise Red Hat Linux. It instructs me to download the Flash Player which I have done. However, it does not install. Do I have a GUI in Red Hat that I can use or do I have to do it via command line. Would appreciate any help. Thanks, Anil (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnilAnand
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

10. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies
MOD_APPARMOR(8)                                                      AppArmor                                                      MOD_APPARMOR(8)

NAME
mod_apparmor - fine-grained AppArmor confinement for Apache DESCRIPTION
An AppArmor profile applies to an executable program; if a portion of the program needs different access permissions than other portions, the program can "change hats" via aa_change_hat(2) to a different role, also known as a subprofile. The mod_apparmor Apache module uses the aa_change_hat(2) mechanism to offer more fine-grained confinement of dynamic elements within Apache such as individual php and perl scripts, while still allowing the performance benefits of using mod_php and mod_perl. To use mod_apparmor with Apache, ensure that mod_apparmor is configured to be loaded into Apache, either via a2enmod, yast or manual editing of the apache2(8)/httpd(8) configuration files, and restart Apache. Make sure that apparmor is also functioning. Once mod_apparmor is loaded within Apache, all requests to Apache will cause mod_apparmor to attempt to change into a hat named by the URI (e.g. /app/some.cgi). If no such hat is found, it will fall back to attempting to use the hat DEFAULT_URI; if that also does not exist, it will fall back to using the global Apache profile. Most static web pages can simply make use of the DEFAULT_URI hat. Additionally, before any requests come in to Apache, mod_apparmor will attempt to change hat into the HANDLING_UNTRUSTED_INPUT hat. mod_apparmor will attempt to use this hat while Apache is doing the initial parsing of a given http request, before its given to a specific handler (like mod_php) for processing. Because defining hats for every URI/URL often becomes tedious, mod_apparmor provides the AAHatName and AADefaultHatName Apache configuration options. AAHatName AAHatName allows you to specify a hat to be used for a given Apache <Directory>, <DirectoryMatch>, <Location> or <LocationMatch> directive (see the Apache documenation for more details). Note that mod_apparmor behavior can become confused if <Directory*> and <Location*> directives are intermingled and it is recommended to use one type of directive. If the hat specified by AAHatName does not exist in the Apache profile, then it falls back to the behavior described above. AADefaultHatName AADefaultHatName allows you to specify a default hat to be used for virtual hosts and other Apache server directives, so that you can have different defaults for different virtual hosts. This can be overridden by the AAHatName directive and is checked for only if there isn't a matching AAHatName or hat named by the URI. If the AADefaultHatName hat does not exist, it falls back to the DEFAULT_URI hat if it exists (as described above). URI REQUEST SUMMARY
When profiling with mod_apparmor, it is helpful to keep the following order of operations in mind: On each URI request, mod_apparmor will first aa_change_hat(2) into ^HANDLING_UNTRUSTED_INPUT, if it exists. Then, after performing the initial parsing of the request, mod_apparmor will: 1. try to aa_change_hat(2) into a matching AAHatName hat if it exists and applies, otherwise it will 2. try to aa_change_hat(2) into the URI itself, otherwise it will 3. try to aa_change_hat(2) into an AADefaultHatName hat if it has been defined for the server/vhost, otherwise it will 4. try to aa_change_hat(2) into the DEFAULT_URI hat, if it exists, otherwise it will 5. fall back to the global Apache policy BUGS
mod_apparmor() currently only supports apache2, and has only been tested with the prefork MPM configuration -- threaded configurations of Apache may not work correctly. There are likely other bugs lurking about; if you find any, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), subdomain.conf(5), apparmor_parser(8), aa_change_hat(2) and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 MOD_APPARMOR(8)