Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: where's solaris halt log?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users where's solaris halt log? Post 16444 by mrsaint on Friday 1st of March 2002 12:52:15 PM
Old 03-01-2002
online monitoring

aehm just one question.

is there a simple command to watch all online users, and their connection (ftp,ssh, etc...) also remote!

Or do you know a good tool for it.

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why can't we buy Solaris 8 at CompUSA?

I was just on Suns website and found that you can actually download Solaris 8 and not have to pay the licensing fee. You can also purchase the OS on CD's for $75.00. It seems also that Gnome 1.4 is supported too on Solaris 8 which would make the OS as easy to use as any Linux Distribution. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brianfreer
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's the difference between Unix, Linux, and Solaris?

If anyone can tell me the difference between the three or where I can find more info I would appreciated it. I see alot of companies looking for people with knowledge in Unix but every time I try to find information about it I see Linux instead. Is there a market trend in these operating... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITmommy
2 Replies

3. Programming

i can't use 'make' in my computer?

I need to compile a file,but 'make' does not work.please tell me how to use it or need which tools? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsun5
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 ???'s

Currently attemting to load Solaris v8 onto a laptop, but having no luck with the display settings. Need to know which video/display settings work for a Compaq Presario 1200xl 325 model... I am using the default low-res type settings to get a black and white picture with huge icons. Been to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: StaleMate
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quoting echo 'it's friday'

echo 'it's friday' why appear the > (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Application can't startup?? Solaris and Linux RedHat

can someone tell me what could cause an application not to startup? I'm getting calls from users saying they cant' startup a particular application. how do I troubleshoot this? i tried doing ps -ef | grep (application) i saw the application running. now, am wondering, would it be safe to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a file with a leading dash '-' in it's name?

Somehow someone created a file named '-ov' in the root directory. Given the name, the how was probably the result of some cpio command they bozo'ed. I've tried a number of different ways to get rid of it using * and ? wildcards, '\' escape patterns etc.. They all fail with " illegal option --... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSalisbury
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What are the differences between 'bash' and 'sh'

Hopefully this doesn't come off as too much of a "newbie" question or a flamebait. But I have recently begun working with a Sun Solaris box after having spent the past five years working with RedHat. From what i can tell, thing look fairly similar and the 'man' command is some help. But I've... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris paging bringing system to halt

Hi experts, I am running a solaris 10 with oracle 10 on a system with 96 GB physical memory. the system has a lot of swap space. the oracle SGA is 50 GB and PGA 40 GB. Here are the stats vmstat -i interrupt total rate -------------------------------- clock ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
5 Replies
XINE-REMOTE(1x) 														   XINE-REMOTE(1x)

NAME
xine-remote - a small tool to connect xine remote control server. SYNOPSIS
xine-remote [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the xine-remote tool. xine-remote can replace a raw telnet connection to a xine remote control server. It use the readline facilities (completion, vi/emacs shortcuts, command history, etc...). By default, it try to connect the localhost, using the default port (see xine(1)). OPTIONS
The program follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long ioptions starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options are included below. -H, --host <hostname> Try to connect <hostname>. -P, --port <port> Try to connect the host using <port>. -c, --command <command> Send <command> to server then quit. The command should be single quoted if it contain spaces or special characters. -n, --noconnect Do not initiate the connection on startup. -v, --version Display version. -h, --help Display options summary. COMMANDS
Few commands are available, which are used to open or close a connection: ? Display available commands (the xine-remote ones + server ones when connection is established). help <command> Display the purpose of <command>, if that is omitted, display available commands. syntax <command> Display the usage of <command>. version Display version. open <server[:port]> Open connection to server. A port can be optionally specified, using colon (:) separator. close Close connection. quit Leaving xine-remote. SEE ALSO
xine(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Daniel Caujolle-Bert <f1rmb@users.sourceforge.net> for the xine project. The xine project 2002-04-16 XINE-REMOTE(1x)