Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Performance
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Performance Post 16433 by Cameron on Friday 1st of March 2002 11:12:58 AM
Old 03-01-2002
Suggestion ...

You might want to get some stats on what is happening on your system.
I don't know if Solaris has these utilities, but you could run a number of cpusar, cpusar -P 1, cpusar -P 2, mpsar -b, mpsar -d.

The cpusar will provide stats averaging both cpu's.
The cpusar -P ? will provide stats on separate cpu's.
I've noticed on a report that I created recently that our CPU #2 was hardly being utilised !!

Might be the same case for youself? Always worth a look.

Hope that helps.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

performance

Hi, 1-in vmstat commande line, in reply, which column is the more important to look and verify if server is very slow ? 2-how can I see how many sessions are opened with the same login ? Many thanks before. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

performance

Hi, I have this on a AIX UNIX machine : ps aux| head -20 USER PID %CPU %MEM SZ RSS TTY STAT STIME TIME COMMAND root 516 23.7 0.0 12 15808 - A 19:38:15 903:13 wait root 774 23.7 0.0 12 15808 - A 19:38:15 902:13 wait root 1290 23.6 0.0 ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I/O performance

i want to determine I/O performance of an executable, but iostat dont give correct results because the disk that i am writing to and reading from, are not physical disk of the host machine, instead of these local disks we are using a network storage. is there any standard way in unix to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

performance issue

Hi, on a linux server I have the following : vmstat 2 10 procs memory swap io system cpu r b w swpd free buff cache si so bi bo in cs us sy id 0 4 0 675236 39836 206060 1617660 3 3 3 6 8 7 1 1 ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Announcing collectl - new performance linux performance monitor

About 4 years ago I wrote this tool inspired by Rob Urban's collect tool for DEC's Tru64 Unix. What makes this tool as different as collect was in its day is its ability to run at a low overhead and collect tons of stuff. I've expanded the general concept and even include data not available in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkSeger
0 Replies

6. Solaris

best way and best performance

Hi all, I have two storadge 3510 Fc .. with 12 disks 146Gb ..total 1752Gb each storadge. I need to use about 1.4 Tb of it. and want RAID1 .. I need 13 mount points .. So question: for best performance and redundjancy how I must do it. create 13 logical drives on each stordge with same size... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samar
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Performance issue

hi I am having a performance issue with the following requirement i have to create a permutation and combination on a set of three files such that each record in each file is picked and the output is redirected in a specific format but it is taking around 70 odd hours to prepare a combination... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
7 Replies
CPU(1)							      General Commands Manual							    CPU(1)

NAME
cpu - connection to cpu server SYNOPSIS
cpu [ -h server ] [ -c cmd args ... ] DESCRIPTION
Cpu starts an rc(1) running on the server machine, or the machine named in the $cpu environment variable if there is no -h option. Rc's standard input, output, and error files will be /dev/cons in the name space where the cpu command was invoked. Normally, cpu is run in an 81/2(1) window on a terminal, so rc output goes to that window, and input comes from the keyboard when that window is current. Rc's cur- rent directory is the working directory of the cpu command itself. The name space for the new rc is an analogue of the name space where the cpu command was invoked: it is the same except for architecture- dependent bindings such as /bin and the use of fast paths to file servers, if available. If a -c argument is present, the remainder of the command line is executed by rc on the server, and then cpu exits. The name space is built by running /usr/$user/lib/profile with the root of the invoking name space bound to /mnt/term. The service envi- ronment variable is set to cpu; the cputype and objtype environment variables reflect the server's architecture. FILES
The name space of the terminal side of the cpu command is mounted on the CPU side on directory /mnt/term. SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/cpu.c SEE ALSO
rc(1), 81/2(1) BUGS
Binds and mounts done after the terminal lib/profile is run are not reflected in the new name space. CPU(1)