Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to make you linux server for telnet???? Post 16410 by LivinFree on Friday 1st of March 2002 05:29:42 AM
Old 03-01-2002
sshd (The secure shell daemon) should be included with your installation media, and may in fact already be installed. Check:
whereis sshd

If not, check your install disks, in one of the RPMS directory.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet Server

Good day, We have recently purchased an HP Compaq t5000 thin client and installed this as a management console. It runs Windows CE 5.0 as we required Internet Explorer for the managemenet of the one server (Web based management only working in Internet Explorer). We have now also installed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: avd
4 Replies

2. Solaris

how do I make my workstation an installation server for a remote server?.

Is there a way I can make my Sun workstation as a installation server for a remote server?. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: calsum
3 Replies

3. AIX

Unable to telnet to server

Hi, I encountered error when I telnet to my server. Error is as follows: telnetd: /bin/login: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action I am able to ssh into my server and I have checked/verified /etc/security and /etc/inetd.conf. I restarted the inetd subsystem via... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chongkls77
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet to another server

hi all, i wanted to write a ksh script to telnet to another server on a particular port every 5 mins in order to send out an alert if that server went down. how do i read the response that comes back when the server is down i.e "telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to auto telnet the server from another server using script

Hi All, I have a problem with auto telnet script, but I want to tell u something a) I am only a member access on the server, so not able to access 'root' account b) not able to install any software on server 3) On server, there is not install 'except' I have to write a script, which is ran... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul9806
0 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to auto telnet the server from another server

Hi All, I have a problem with auto telnet script, but I want to tell u something a) I am only a member access on the server, so not able to access 'root' account b) not able to install any software on server 3) On server, there is not install 'except' 1. The problem statement, all variables... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to auto telnet the server from another server?

Hi All, I have a problem with auto telnet script, but I want to tell u something a) I am only a member access on the server, so not able to access 'root' account b) not able to install any software on server 3) On server, there is not install 'except' 1. The problem statement, all variables... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet server

I need a list of servers, that, I can try out my test program with, such as a timeserver. For example, I would need to connect to telnet server|port. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jon80
1 Replies

9. SCO

Not able to telnet to server

Out of the blue for some odd reason I am no longer able to telnet to one of my SCO Unix servers. I can ping, ftp and do a traceroute to it, just cant telnet. When I attempt to telnet to it, I just get this Trying ##.##.##.##.... telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: macastor
0 Replies
PPPOECONF(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      PPPOECONF(8)

NAME
pppoeconf -- configures a PPPoE (ADSL) connection SYNOPSIS
pppoeconf [-nox] [iface] DESCRIPTION
The pppoeconf program is user-friendly dialog based setup tool for pppd (and pppoe if needed). It will look for existing ethernet cards and look for ADSL hardware connected to one of them. You can add an interface name iface to force pppoeconf to use it. Then it will get some login info and do some minor modifications to make working settings. Note that you can use ESC key to exit program when you wan. OPTIONS
-nox Force ncurses use. FILES
/etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider is pppd options file for your dsl provider. /etc/ppp/pap-secrets and /etc/ppp/chap-secrets are described in pppd documentation. pppoeconf may add lines to theses files. /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/0clampmss and /etc/ppp/ip-down.d/0clampmss are used to clamp MSS if needed. /etc/network/interfaces is network interface file for your system. SEE ALSO
pppd(8), interfaces(5), pon(1) and pppoe(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was originally written by Eduard Bloch (blade@debian.org) and now maintained by Gregory Colpart (reg@evolix.fr) for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). This document is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. PPPOECONF(8)