Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with space
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Problem with space Post 16330 by suraj on Thursday 28th of February 2002 02:57:16 AM
Old 02-28-2002
while I was trying to install oracle I got message saying
'insufficient' space. Then using the file manager I checked the information where space is shown as 512 bytes.

Please help me on these.

Regards,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

problem with swap space

I have sun solaris 8 for intell with 128m physiccal ram and swap of 148. Oracle requires to have 512M swap space. Is there a way I can change the swap space on intell machine without repartioning the box:? what if i create a link to /swap from another place???? pls advise Jigar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux space problem

I am very new to Linux and trying to install Oracle 9.2 on Red Hat Linux 7.2. My problem: /tmp needs to be larger in order to install Oracle. It is 64MB now. How can I resize this? I'm totally confused !! Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: canova
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Swap Space Problem?

Over the last couple of days my laptop has been stalling terribly on bootup and when starting up applications (even a terminal takes ages to come up) Whilst trying to figure out whats happened I noticed that nothing is being swapped out. Output from top command shows that I have approx 500mb... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: silvaman
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Everywhere space problem

Solved.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redbeard_06
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Space problem in files

Hi, I have a file containing a list of entries. Want to do ls on them. for a in `cat <list.txt>`; do ls $a; done; Now some entries contain spaces. How do i incorporate space in $a. Quoting $a in "" doesn't help. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Swap space problem

Hy! Recently i had a problem with one of mine Tru64 machines. It started to kill processes because of low amount of swap space. It said that it went below 10 %. But when i ran swapon -s it said: In-use space: 12 % So, the system couldn't accept any new ssh connections plus it killed most of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veccinho
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Space Problem

I have a file which have 2 columns. chris doc,male test,female So in order to store the content of the first column i am doing this :- for line in $( cat $test.csv ); do FIRST_COLUMN_VAR=$( echo $line | cut -d"," -f1 ) SECOND_COLUMN_VAR=$( echo $line | cut -d"," -f2 ) ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris1234
18 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in checking space of mount.Please help me

Hi everyone, I am writing a script. As a part of this script, I wanted to check the space of few mounts, If the space usage percentage of the mount crosses over a certain limit then i wanted to display a warning message. The following is the command df -k | awk ' { if (($6 == "/export/temp")... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheethal
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Trimming of white space

Dear Members, Following is the code which i am using: integer i=7 while ((i <= 10 )); do param=`echo $TEST_OUT | cut -d"^" -f$i` a=`echo ${param}` echo `echo $a | sed 's/+/ /g'` (( i = i + 1)); done From the above code TEST_OUT is a variable which has the following value: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
1 Replies

10. AIX

Problem space used on AIX 5.3

Hello everyone, Sorry for my English but i'm French. I have a problem on an AIX 5.3 server on the occupation of a file system. When i run a df -m, this is what i get : Filesystem MB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/fslv09 3936.00 340.94 92% 7255 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veis
8 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)