Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ISDN on Linux..will it work?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ISDN on Linux..will it work? Post 16291 by Phaelanx on Wednesday 27th of February 2002 07:33:57 PM
Old 02-27-2002
ISDN on Linux..will it work?

Hi everyone!

I going to change from a 56k modem to a ISDN connection and was wondering if this will work under Linux and what i would need to get it up and running ? (on Mandrake 8.0)..

thanx in advance..

grtz phaelanx
Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trying to get my USB network card to work with Linux

Ok, heres the deal... Yesterday i installed Unix on my laptop and surprisingly everything works perfect.....exept my network card i have a linksys USB network card (basically a thing you plug into a USB port that is now your NIC card and i connect it to my router) But i have no idea how i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Freakytah
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a simple isdn-releted question

Hi, When I launch the dialup script under Debian, It says ippp0: resource temporary unavailable Then, # tail -f /var/log/messages ipppd: No channels for ippp0 It`s strange, on Mandrake my modem works well. Reply soon! Bye :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: void
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to put the whole Linux OS on DVD and work with it?

Is it possible to put the whole Linux OS on DVD and work with it? If yes, how to do it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexhon
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Work on Linux Using Bootable CD ??

Hi , I am using a laptop with windows XP as the operating system. i want to use linux/unix without installing it on my machine. I heard that i can do so using some Linux bootable CD .... which can be used to work on linux environment with out physically installing it on your system. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie07
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any Linux/Unix work with SATA yet?

i got my computer in 2k, built it myself. top of the line then and better than most still now. one problem however is i was never able to install unix because the old kernels were not compatible with SATA hard drives i dont have any IDE drives nor do i want any I want mine on SATA, but every... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GXDeMoNN
5 Replies

6. Linux

Will solaris commands work on linux machine

Earlier we are using solaris machine to run our script which is having korn shell. Due to decommision of that machine we have to switch to Linux machine which is also having korn shell. Do the commands on solaris machine will also work on linux machine or should i have to change any thing? One... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanapart
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help gettgin this script to work on linux

This script used to work on windows but is erroring our at line 25 when run under linux. The specific errir that i get is "Can't call method "mtime" on an undefined value at ./make_event_log_index.pl line 25." Any help would be appreciated ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
4 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

[?] Does Netflix work on Linux in Firefox?

I've tried to totally ignore Netfix to date, though I might change my mind. But I refuse to keep a Windows box running for any reason. Is anyone streaming movies from Netflix and watching them on a Linux box? I went to netflix.com to look for the requirements page. None. OK, how about a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script work on Linux but not work in sunos.

My script work on Linux but not work in sun os. my script. logFiles="sentLog1.log sentLog2.log" intial_time="0 0" logLocation="/usr/local/tomcat/logs/" sleepTime=600 failMessage=":: $(tput bold)Log not update$(tput rmso) = " successMessage="OK" arr=($logFiles)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
7 Replies
isdnctrl(4)							   Special files						       isdnctrl(4)

NAME
isdnctrl - ISDN control device SYNOPSIS
#include <linux/isdn.h> DESCRIPTION
/dev/isdnctrl is a character device with major number 45 and minor numbers 64 to 127. It allows controlling functionality of the Linux ISDN subsystem. IOCTL FUNCTIONS
Currently, the following ioctl calls are supported: IIOCNETAIF Add an ISDN network interface. This function adds a network interface to the kernel's device table. This interface can be used just like normal eth interfaces. Argument: arg should point to a zero terminated string of max. 10 characters. if arg is NULL, the kernel assigns a name. Return: On success, the name of the new interface is copied to arg. and the call returns 0. On failure, an error code is returned. IIOCNETASL Create a slave interface. Creates a slave interface for RAW-device channel-bundling. These devices behave like network-interfaces, execpt they are invisible to user. Only ISDN parameters can be controlled, but no IP-parameters. IP-parameters are inherited from the corresponding master- device. Argument: arg should point to a zero terminated string of max. 21 characters containing two comma-separated names. The first part is the name of an existing ISDN network device, which will be master. The second part will be the name of the new slave inter- face. Return: On success, the name of the new interface is copied to arg. and the call returns 0. On failure, an error code is returned. IIOCNETDIF Delete a network-interface. This call deletes an existing ISDN network interface. Argument: arg should point to a zero terminated string of max. 10 characters naming an existing interface which will be deleted. If the interface is a master interface, all it's slave-interfaces will be deleted also. Return: On success, the call returns 0. On failure, an error code is returned. IIOCNETSCF Set configurable parameters of an ISDN network interface. This call replaces all ISDN related parameters of an interface by the parameters given. Argument: arg shoud point to a struct isdn_net_ioctl_cfg (defined in linux/isdn.h) Return: On success, the call returns 0. On failure, an error code is returned. IIOCNETGCF Get configurable parameters of an ISDN network interface. This call returns all ISDN related parameters of an interface. Argument: arg shoud point to a struct isdn_net_ioctl_cfg (defined in linux/isdn.h) which will be filled by the current setup. Return: On success, the call returns 0 and the interface-setup is copied to *arg. On failure, an error code is returned. IIOCNETANM Add a phone number to an ISDN network interface. This call adds a phone number to an existing network interface. Argument: arg shoud point to a struct isdn_net_ioctl_phone which contains necessary information. Return: On success, the call returns 0 and the phone number is added to either outgoing or incoming number list. On failure, an error code is returned. IIOCNETDNM Delete a phone number from an ISDN network interface. This call deletes a phone number from an existing network interface. Argument: arg shoud point to a struct isdn_net_ioctl_phone which contains necessary information. Return: On success, the call returns 0 and the phone number is deleted from either outgoing or incoming number list. On failure, an error code is returned. IIOCNETGNM Get list of phone numbers from an ISDN network interface. This call returns the list of phone numbers associated to an existing network interface. Argument: arg shoud point to a a union of struct isdn_net_ioctl_phone and a buffer, large enough to hold a concatenated list of strings containing the phone numbers. Return: On success, the call returns 0 and the list of phone numbers is returned as a space-separated list of number-strings termi- nated by a NULL byte. IIOCNETDIL Trigger dialing of an ISDN network interface. This call initiates dialing of an ISDN network interface, if it is not connected. Normally, this ioctl is not needed, because ISDN network interface perform dial on demand by default. Argument: arg should point to a zero terminated string of max. 10 characters naming the desired interface. Return: On success, the call returns 0 and the interface starts dialing. IIOCNETHUP Hangup an ISDN network interface. This call initiates hangup of an ISDN network interface, if it is connected. Argument: arg should point to a zero terminated string of max. 10 characters naming the desired interface. Return: On success, the call returns 0 and the interface hangs up. IIOCNETALN Add a link of an MPP-configured ISDN network interface. This call initiates dialing of a Multilink-PPP slave ISDN network interface, if it is not connected. Argument: arg should point to a zero terminated string of max. 10 characters naming the desired interface. Return: On success, the call returns 0 and the interface starts dialing. IIOCNETDLN Hangup an MPP-configured ISDN network interface. This call initiates hangup of an Multilink-PPP ISDN network interface, if it is connected. Argument: arg should point to a zero terminated string of max. 10 characters naming the desired interface. Return: On success, the call returns 0 and the interface hangs up. IIOCNETARU Add a timeout rule to an ISDN network interface. This call adds a timeout rule to an existing interface. Argument: arg should point to a struct isdn_ioctl_timeout_rule containing the necessary parameters. Return: On success, the call returns 0 and the rule is added to the rule list of the interface. IIOCNETDRU Delete a timeout rule from an ISDN network interface. This call deletes a timeout rule from an existing interface. Argument: arg should point to a struct isdn_ioctl_timeout_rule containing the necessary parameters. Return: On success, the call returns 0 and the rule is deleted from the rule list of the interface. IIOCNETGRU Get a timeout rule from an ISDN network interface. This call returns a timeout rule from an existing interface. Argument: arg should point to a struct isdn_ioctl_timeout_rule containing the necessary parameters. Return: On success, the call returns 0 and the struct is filled from the rule list of the interface. IIOCNETBUD Handle budget accounting of an ISDN network interface. Argument and Return: to be defined. IIOCSETVER Set verbosity of link level. Argument: arg is an integer, defining the new verbose value. Return: This call always returns 0. IIOCSETGST Set global stop flag of link level. Argument: arg is an integer, defining the new stop flag value (0 or !0). Return: This call always returns 0. IIOCSETBRJ Set busreject flag of a lowlevel driver. Argument: arg should point to an struct isdn_ioctl_struct containing the driver's ID and the value of the busreject flag. Return: On success, the call returns 0 and the busreject flag of the selected driver is set according the given parameter. IIOCSIGPRF Enable signaling on change of modem profiles. With this call, the calling process is registered to receive a SIGIO on every change of any register of any ttyI. Thus it can read register settings and save them to a file. The calling process has to keep the device open in order to receive notifications. As soon as it closes the device, registration is deleted. Argument: none Return: This call always returns 0. IIOCGETPRF Get all modem register settings. With this call, all modem registers of all ttyI devices can be read. Argument: arg should point to a buffer of length ( ISDN_MODEM_ANZREG + ISDN_MSNLEN ) * ISDN_MAX_CHANNELS. Return: On return, the provided buffer is filled with the register values. IIOCSETPRF Set all modem register settings. With this call, all modem registers of all ttyI devices can be written. Argument: arg should point to a buffer of length ( ISDN_MODEM_ANZREG + ISDN_MSNLEN ) * ISDN_MAX_CHANNELS. filled with the values of all modem registers. Return: On return, the modem registers are set from the contents of the provided buffer. IIOCSETMAP Set Mapping table. This call is used to set EAZ/MSN mapping of a lowlevel driver. Argument: arg should point to a struct isdn_ioctl_struct containing the necessary parameters. Return: On success, the mapping table is set from the given parameters an the call returns 0. IIOCGETMAP Get Mapping table. This call is used to get EAZ/MSN mapping of a lowlevel driver. Argument: arg should point to a struct isdn_ioctl_struct containing the necessary parameters. Return: On success, the current mapping table of the given driver is returned and the call returns 0. IIOCDRVCTL Lowlevel driver ioctl. This call is used for controlling various lowlevel drivers. The ioctl-code for this command is assembled by adding IIOCDRVCTL (128) and the desired driver ioctl-code. Therefore, a lowlevel driver can understand a maximum of 127 different ioctls. Argument: arg should point to a struct isdn_ioctl_struct containing the necessary parameters, especially the driver-Id must be filled correctly. The arg component inside isdn_ioctl_struct is handed down to the driver's ioctl function. Its meaning is not defined here and depends on the lowlevel driver. See documentation for the various lewlevel drivers for information about driver- specific ioctl. Return: The return code depends on the driver's ioctl function. Usually, 0 means no error. AUTHOR
Fritz Elfert <fritz@isdn4linux.de> SEE ALSO
isdninfo(4), icnctrl(4). ISDN 4 Linux 3.25 1999/09/06 isdnctrl(4)