Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Build my box...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Build my box... Post 16278 by PxT on Wednesday 27th of February 2002 03:48:38 PM
Old 02-27-2002
I'm not familiar with the site you mentioned. You might want to check out www.compgeeks.com. They usually have some good prices. I don't think you will have much trouble building a box, for the most part it is pretty self-explanatory -- hook up power supply to motherboard, install PCI cards, connect hard drive/cdrom and you are done. If you don't have any experience with x86 hardware you might want to buy a book -- there are many good ones. Go to your local book store and browse around.

Good luck

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VPN client (windows Box),and Server (Unix Box)

If I want to access unix box via VPN tunnel,from windows box. What sould I configure on the windows client PC, and what should I enable on the Unix Server box ? I am using Solaris V10 intel platform, and I am using windows XP, and 2003 for client (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zillah
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Need to copy printers from Sol8 box to Sol10 box-No luck so far

I need to copy the printers currently installed on a Sol8 box to a Sol10 box. I tried copying the printers.conf file from the Sol8 box and that worked until I went through the file and changed the server name to that of the Sol10 box. Another post on this forum suggested copying the entire... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: todis
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp file starting with particular name on Windows box to Unix box using shell script

Hello all ! I'm trying to write a shell script (bash) to ftp a file starting with particular name like "Latest_" that is present on a Windows box to UNIX server. Basically I want to set this script in the cron so that daily the new build that is posted on the Windows box can be downloaded to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayb4u83
2 Replies

4. Programming

Compilers to be used on Linux box to build C & C++

Hallo, Recently I have started working on a Linux box it has a default compilers.I tried to build a simple code using the default compilers. compilers installed is at /usr/bin/cc When I used same compilers to compile a C++ code error message is appearing.Then I tried to compile same code using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milindb
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding SDK Build on Kernel Source Build

Hi, So I downloaded this kernel source and was able to build it successfully. But I want to add this SDK source code inside, can anyone help me how to do this? Note that the SDK source can be built by itself. I added the SDK in the main Makefile: init-y := init/ #added SDK... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
0 Replies

6. Web Development

How to copy a selected value of list box into a text box in html form?

hi, i have a list box , a text box and a button in a html form. list box displays some values, when a user selects a value from the list box and press the button. the selected value should be copied to the text box value. can any1 give me a html and javascript code to do this facility. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Build.xml invocation by Build Script

Hi I have a build.xml file and I can run it on Windows via cmd. Now I want to write a script to invoke the same. Is there a way to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankur328
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to access redhat Linux box graphically from windows box?

Hi I have a linux box and need to access from windows graphically # uname -a Linux pc-l416116 2.6.18-155.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jun 19 17:06:47 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux What components do I need to install on Linux and windows to do that? TIA (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notify when the script run(hourly)on my jump-box only when there is a failure on my remote-box

Team, Presently I have a script, which i have set up cron on one of my Jump-boxes,and gives me the output on every hourly basis,fetching the data from the remote machine.Basically it gives me the list of all active users logged and its count once we execute the script.Here the count is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
6 Replies

10. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Copying , renaming the file from windox box and ftp to Linux box

Hello my dear friends, Two file are auto generated from mon - fri at different directories on same windows box.Every day i have to copy the file, rename it (specific name)and ftp it to linux box specified directory. is it possible to automate this process,If yes this has to be done from windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umesh yadav
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)