Visit Our UNIX and Linux User Community

Full Discussion: StarOffice OR ????
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers StarOffice OR ???? Post 16247 by Kanu77 on Wednesday 27th of February 2002 09:33:36 AM
Old 02-27-2002
Question StarOffice OR ????

I have Star Office 5.2 installed on my system - you know the one : it allows you to read and edit word documents, Excel spreadsheets and Powerpoint presentations without logging into a WINDOWS OS.

What I would like to know is if there is another application that I can use instead to view any Microsoft-based documents? Star Office almost kills my machine whenever I use it - It hogs the processor at startup, during use and even if the application is minimized to the background?

Test Your Knowledge in Computers #288
Difficulty: Easy
In Linux, Logical Volume Manager (LVM) is a device mapper target that provides sound card I/O management for the Linux kernel.
True or False?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can i find staroffice or any other kind office program for unix or linux?

No detail:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
4 Replies

2. Solaris

staroffice

how to access staroffice in solaris9 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
1 Replies
Excel::Template::Element::Backref(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    Excel::Template::Element::Backref(3pm)

NAME
Excel::Template::Element::Backref - Excel::Template::Element::Backref PURPOSE
Returns the cell location (i.e. B2) of the last cell to name this reference. To return the location of the entire range of cells to name this reference see RANGE. NODE NAME
BACKREF INHERITANCE
Excel::Template::Element ATTRIBUTES
o REF This is the name of the reference to look up. CHILDREN
None EFFECTS
None DEPENDENCIES
This will only be used within CELL tags. USAGE
In the example... <row> <cell ref="this_cell"/><cell ref="that_cell"><cell ref="that_cell"> </row> <row> <formula>=<backref ref="this_cell">+<backref ref="that_cell"></formula> </row> The formula in row 2 would be =A1+C1. C1 is the last to reference "that_cell". AUTHOR
Rob Kinyon (rkinyon@columbus.rr.com) SEE ALSO
CELL, RANGE perl v5.14.2 2012-04-29 Excel::Template::Element::Backref(3pm)

Featured Tech Videos