Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting building text file with calendar dates Post 16125 by rkkiran on Tuesday 26th of February 2002 04:29:49 AM
Old 02-26-2002
Thanks Perderabo !

It has worked well.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to generate all the dates in DDMMYY format between 2 dates

Hello friends, I am looking for a script or method that can display all the dates between any 2 given dates. Input: Date 1 290109 Date 2 010209 Output: 300109 310109 Please help me. Thanks. :):confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading text file and comparing the dates in Kshell

I have a text file in which holidays are listed as YYYYMMDD. Here is the sample data of the file. 20090911 20090912 20090913 I need to read this file and see if the current day is listed in this text file. If today and any of the rows in my text file match, I need to do further... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramodini Rode
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with filtering dates from the calendar

Hi, I need a simple shell script to help filter weekends from the calendar of a month. In other words, i need a script to identify the working days in a month. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravsripad
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

dealing with dates in a text file

hi guys im trying to write a bash script that grabs expired domain names it leaves me with the following outpiut in a text file Im hoping to try to normalise all the dates to the format displayed in the first 2 lines and remove the times so the file looks unfirom can any one give me a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunryc
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write the dates between 2 dates into a file

Hi All, I am trying to print the dates that falls between 2 date variables into a file. Here is the example. $BUS_DATE =20120616 $SUB_DATE=20120613 Output to file abc.txt should be : 20120613,20120614,120120615,20120616 Can you pls help me accomplish this in LINUX. Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
5 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need help creating shell script with output that has 2014 calendar and 2 text items from a"fortune"

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am required to create a bash shell script with either emacs or vi. It must include the year 2014 calendar on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dandanhelpmeman
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum duplicate values in text file through awk between dates

I need to sum values in text file in case duplicate row are present with same name and different value below is example of data in file i have and format i need. Data in text file 20170308 PM,U,2 PM,U,113 PM,I,123 DA,U,135 DA,I,113 DA,I,1 20170309 PM,U,2 PM,U,1 PM,I,123 PM,I,1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adfire
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
DP(8)								     [nmh-1.5]								     DP(8)

NAME
dp - parse dates 822-style SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/dp [-form formatfile] [-format string] [-width columns] [-version] [-help] dates ... DESCRIPTION
Dp is a program that parses dates according to the ARPA Internet standard. It also understands many non-standard formats, such as those produced by TOPS-20 sites and some UNIX sites using ctime(3). It is useful for seeing how nmh will interpret a date. The dp program treats each argument as a single date, and prints the date out in the official 822-format. Hence, it is usually best to enclose each argument in quotes for the shell. To override the output format used by dp, the -format string or -format file switches are used. This permits individual fields of the address to be extracted with ease. The string is simply a format string and the file is simply a format file. See mh-format(5) for the details. Here is the default format string used by dp: %<(nodate{text})error: %{text}%|%(putstr(pretty{text}))%> which says that if an error was detected, print the error, a `:', and the date in error. Otherwise, output the 822-proper format of the date. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
None SEE ALSO
ap(8), Standard for the Format of ARPA Internet Text Messages (RFC-822) DEFAULTS
`-format' default as described above `-width' default to the width of the terminal CONTEXT
None BUGS
The argument to the -format switch must be interpreted as a single token by the shell that invokes dp. Therefore, one must usually place the argument to this switch inside quotes. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 DP(8)