Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tcp/ip programming
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Tcp/ip programming Post 161 by veitcha on Thursday 2nd of November 2000 11:49:30 AM
Old 11-02-2000

I am looking for some help with writing a small script that will scan a range if subnets and count the number of reply.
If anyone has any shell programming experience with either perl or tcp/ip could you please give me a hand..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Tcp/ip

!HELLO , What is the maximum number of hosts on a TCP/IP internet? plz can u help me. :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smdakram
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

TCP Programming problems with 'recv'

Hey, I am learning to program a TCP server and managed to get it up and running (I am using Windows 98SE). I can use the send function to send information to the client and I can use the recv function to ask the user to pass information through, but when I do so it only allows the client to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
1 Replies

3. Programming

c programming or unix programming!?

i would like advice on the usbject of c programming (in the middle of reading a book on C). could i benefit more if i apply that knowledge in the unix format if i were able to, or would that take the point out of learning C, basically I want to stay away from strying too far away from unix and use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
1 Replies

4. Programming

OpenVMS IPC and TCP/IP Programming

We have a requirement to port applications from Unix to HP Vax OpenVMS Server. For this I need to self-educate on various IPC and networking APIs available in OpenVMS. I goggled a lot but could not find of how to implement Semaphores, Message Queues and all other forms of IPC available in Unix... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
7 Replies

5. Programming

Confusion about TCP/IP socket programming

Hello there chaps. First of all, i'm no TCP/IP-wiz, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. I've been messing around with filetransfer using sockets, and there is one thing that confuses me. This is how it's set up: A server app listens on a port for a client connection. When it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crippe
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

7. Programming

C Programming - Hardware Programming

Can someone help me on suggesting some ways to access the memory content in RAM directly from C/C++ source code. Please provide me any book name or any URL so that I can get an exhaustive knowledge over it. If possible please give me some tips on interacting with hardwares directly through... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandumishra
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Too much TCP retransmitted and TCP duplicate on server Oracle Solaris 10

I have problem with oracle solaris 10 running on oracle sparc T4-2 server. Os information: 5.10 Generic_150400-03 sun4v sparc sun4v Output from tcpstat.d script TCP bytes: out outRetrans in inDup inUnorder 6833763 7300 98884 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
2 Replies
tcp.h(3HEAD)							      Headers							      tcp.h(3HEAD)

NAME
tcp.h, tcp - definitions for the Internet Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) SYNOPSIS
#include <netinet/tcp.h> DESCRIPTION
The <netinet/tcp.h> header defines the following macro for use as a socket option at the IPPROTO_TCP level: TCP_NODELAY Avoid coalescing of small segments. The macro is defined in the header. The implementation need not allow the value of the option to be set with setsockopt() or retrieved with getsockopt(). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getsockopt(3XNET), socket.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Sep 2004 tcp.h(3HEAD)