Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can i add colours to bourne Script ? Post 16011 by Bashar on Saturday 23rd of February 2002 05:18:36 PM
Old 02-23-2002
your line goes here^[[5mone blicking word^[[0m continue of your line

the ^[[0m closes the first escape char.

same goes for ^[[1m brightness ^[[0m

Hope this help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bourne shell script need help please ?

i have this assignment.. and i mad this script but there is something wrong with it.. if anyone can tell me.. watz going on... i would appreciate it.. tHnX in advance.. count=1 val=$2 op=$1 ans=0 if then if then while do ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dezithug
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bourne shell script

Hi all, Can somebody answer the following query Thanks, Srinivas A shell program that takes one or any number of file directory names as input; sorts the directories given as parameters jointly in the ascending or decending order of choice For EX : dips abc etc desc will sort the files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psrinivas
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bourne Shell Script

Hello, I'm throwing this out there as a novice to the Unix world...I've been working on a project that requires me to ouput (using the echo command) a list of names in a single column format, but the problem is the input is in row format followed by a blank space...If anyone could give me a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmhonor914
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bourne script help

I need to make a small script that figures out if a filename that the user enters is a file or a directory. and if it is a directory, how many files are in it. please point me to the right direction, I am a newbie at this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Heedunk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cd from a Bourne Shell Script - Please Help

Dear Bourne Shell Expert, I am trying to change the current working directory from within a Bourne Shell script. Simply enough i thought ! As I am sure you are well aware, Inside the script i echo `pwd` and it seems ok, but the shell spawns another shell to execute this and as such, when my... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fawqati
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne Script help

Hey guys, I am trying to do a bourne script to look for c files in the current directory. I had it working where it finds the files and asks you to delete them or not, which works, but if there i no files, then it comes up with errors, which iam trying to get rid of. So I thought I would do a if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pits
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in bourne script..

Hi Guys, This is my first script, even though i have made corrections in others scripts., this is the first one I am writing from the scratch.. #! /bin/sh prev_Ixref=245 curr_Ixref=355 while ( ($prev_Ixref -lt 245)&&($prev_Ixref -gt 355)) do echo "curr_Ixref is $curr_Ixref" echo... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with bourne script

Hey guys not sure why but when i execute the script i get the correct result but then it says command not found not sure why can anyone see anything wrong with my code below? I just want to print how much quota i have used in my home directory #!bin/sh `quota -v | grep ^/home | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: musicmancanora4
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with bourne shell script

Attempting to write a script to eventually notify me via email for when there is packetloss across the backbone. I am looking for values greater than 0% in the mtr field. #!/bin/sh target=www.google.com date +"%D"_"%T" >> /home/rich/mtr.log echo "----------------------------------------" >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: closedown
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bourne script problem

I've got an NTFS file system mounted on my Linux box, which means I can have multi-word directory names. I want to recurse through the directory structure copying stuff from /A to /B when it does not already exist on /B. Here is the chunk of code, and the output of a set -x run on that chunk of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: esmith92000
8 Replies
Graph::colour(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Graph::colour(3pm)

NAME
GD::Graph::colour - Colour manipulation routines for use with GD::Graph SYNOPSIS
use GD::Graph::colour qw(:colours :lists :files :convert); DESCRIPTION
The GD::Graph::colour package provides a few routines to work with colours. The functionality of this package is mainly defined by what is needed, now and historically, by the GD::Graph modules. FUNCTIONS
colour_list( number of colours ) Returns a list of number of colours colour names known to the package. Exported with the :lists tag. sorted_colour_list( number of colours ) Returns a list of number of colours colour names known to the package, sorted by luminance or hue. NB. Right now it always sorts by luminance. Will add an option in a later stage to decide sorting method at run time. Exported with the :lists tag. _rgb( colour name ) Returns a list of the RGB values of colour name. if the colour name is a string of the form that is acceptable to the hex2rgb sub, then the colour will be added to the list dynamically. Exported with the :colours tag. _hue( R,G,B ) Returns the hue of the colour with the specified RGB values. Exported with the :colours tag. _luminance( R,G,B ) Returns the luminance of the colour with the specified RGB values. Exported with the :colours tag. add_colour(colourname => [$r, $g, $b]) or add_colour('#7fe310') Self-explanatory. Exported with the :colours tag. rgb2hex($red, $green, $blue) hex2rgb('#7fe310') These functions translate a list of RGB values into a hexadecimal string, as is commonly used in HTML and the Image::Magick API, and vice versa. Exported with the :convert tag. read_rgb( file name ) Reads in colours from a rgb file as used by the X11 system. Doing something like: use GD::Graph::bars; use GD::Graph::colour; GD::Graph::colour::read_rgb("rgb.txt") or die "cannot read colours"; Will allow you to use any colours defined in rgb.txt in your graph. Exported with the :files tag. PREDEFINED COLOUR NAMES
white, lgray, gray, dgray, black, lblue, blue, dblue, gold, lyellow, yellow, dyellow, lgreen, green, dgreen, lred, red, dred, lpurple, purple, dpurple, lorange, orange, pink, dpink, marine, cyan, lbrown, dbrown. AUTHOR
Martien Verbruggen <mgjv@tradingpost.com.au> Copyright GIFgraph: Copyright (c) 1995-1999 Martien Verbruggen. Chart::PNGgraph: Copyright (c) 1999 Steve Bonds. GD::Graph: Copyright (c) 1999 Martien Verbruggen. All rights reserved. This package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
GD::Graph, GD::Graph::FAQ perl v5.12.3 2005-12-14 Graph::colour(3pm)