Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can i add colours to bourne Script ? Post 16011 by Bashar on Saturday 23rd of February 2002 05:18:36 PM
Old 02-23-2002
your line goes here^[[5mone blicking word^[[0m continue of your line

the ^[[0m closes the first escape char.

same goes for ^[[1m brightness ^[[0m

Hope this help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bourne shell script need help please ?

i have this assignment.. and i mad this script but there is something wrong with it.. if anyone can tell me.. watz going on... i would appreciate it.. tHnX in advance.. count=1 val=$2 op=$1 ans=0 if then if then while do ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dezithug
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bourne shell script

Hi all, Can somebody answer the following query Thanks, Srinivas A shell program that takes one or any number of file directory names as input; sorts the directories given as parameters jointly in the ascending or decending order of choice For EX : dips abc etc desc will sort the files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psrinivas
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bourne Shell Script

Hello, I'm throwing this out there as a novice to the Unix world...I've been working on a project that requires me to ouput (using the echo command) a list of names in a single column format, but the problem is the input is in row format followed by a blank space...If anyone could give me a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmhonor914
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bourne script help

I need to make a small script that figures out if a filename that the user enters is a file or a directory. and if it is a directory, how many files are in it. please point me to the right direction, I am a newbie at this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Heedunk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cd from a Bourne Shell Script - Please Help

Dear Bourne Shell Expert, I am trying to change the current working directory from within a Bourne Shell script. Simply enough i thought ! As I am sure you are well aware, Inside the script i echo `pwd` and it seems ok, but the shell spawns another shell to execute this and as such, when my... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fawqati
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne Script help

Hey guys, I am trying to do a bourne script to look for c files in the current directory. I had it working where it finds the files and asks you to delete them or not, which works, but if there i no files, then it comes up with errors, which iam trying to get rid of. So I thought I would do a if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pits
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in bourne script..

Hi Guys, This is my first script, even though i have made corrections in others scripts., this is the first one I am writing from the scratch.. #! /bin/sh prev_Ixref=245 curr_Ixref=355 while ( ($prev_Ixref -lt 245)&&($prev_Ixref -gt 355)) do echo "curr_Ixref is $curr_Ixref" echo... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with bourne script

Hey guys not sure why but when i execute the script i get the correct result but then it says command not found not sure why can anyone see anything wrong with my code below? I just want to print how much quota i have used in my home directory #!bin/sh `quota -v | grep ^/home | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: musicmancanora4
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with bourne shell script

Attempting to write a script to eventually notify me via email for when there is packetloss across the backbone. I am looking for values greater than 0% in the mtr field. #!/bin/sh target=www.google.com date +"%D"_"%T" >> /home/rich/mtr.log echo "----------------------------------------" >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: closedown
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bourne script problem

I've got an NTFS file system mounted on my Linux box, which means I can have multi-word directory names. I want to recurse through the directory structure copying stuff from /A to /B when it does not already exist on /B. Here is the chunk of code, and the output of a set -x run on that chunk of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: esmith92000
8 Replies
XBACKLIGHT(1)						      General Commands Manual						     XBACKLIGHT(1)

NAME
xbacklight - adjust backlight brightness using RandR extension SYNOPSIS
xbacklight [-help] [-display display] [-get] [-set percent] [-inc percent] [-dec percent] DESCRIPTION
Xbacklight is used to adjust the backlight brightness where supported. It finds all outputs on the X server supporting backlight brightness control and changes them all in the same way. -get Print out the current backlight brightness of each output with such a control. The brightness is represented as a percentage of the maximum brightness supported. -set percent Sets each backlight brightness to the specified level. -inc percent Increases brightness by the specified amount. -dec percent Decreases brightness by the specified amount. -help Print out a summary of the usage and exit. -time milliseconds Length of time to spend fading the backlight between old and new value. Default is 200. -steps number Number of steps to take while fading. Default is 20. SEE ALSO
Xrandr(3) AUTHORS
Keith Packard, Open Source Technology Center, Intel Corporation. X Version 11 xbacklight 1.1.1 XBACKLIGHT(1)