Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers looking for a secure copy program (scp) Post 159 by helios on Thursday 2nd of November 2000 04:22:27 AM
Old 11-02-2000
MySQL

thanx for your reply

but i've already found a prog' called putty.exe

helios

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use SCP (secure copy) in UNIX

i have to transfer a file from one server to another. say, my script is running on server 'A' and one file has to be transferred from server 'A' to server 'B' using SCP. i am using it as: sourceserverA> scp -P <port> userid@serverBhostname:/put/this/here <sourcefile path> but it is giving... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dharmesht
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCP - Secure copy with Certificates exchange.

Will an scp command always copy the files in an encrypted mode? After trying this, I have got message Host Key not found in the database. & Unable to write host key in my user directory. Please anyone has an idea, how we can have secure copy with certificates exchanged successfully? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Secure method - get files - no ssh/scp

I have two servers. server 1 - secure server running ssh only on solaris 9. I can installed whatever I need here as long as its reasonably secure server 2 - running telnet (no ssh/scp installed) - I cannot change much on this server and cannot install much.. I need to pull some files from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Secure Chat program for UNIX

I am wanting to know if you have ever found an extremely secure chat program for UNIX (Solaris 7), such that I could control which users can chat with which users, ie John (teacher) can talk to Suzy (student) or Sam (student) and they can talk back to their teacher BUT there is absolutely ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ixeye
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCP -r from Secure FTP site

Hi all, My problem is simple. I would like to download the contents of a directory on an ftp site. I can access the site through windows, but there are many files and it would be too tedious to click and download each file. Thus, I am trying to use scp -r... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpabrego
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP copy

I want to copy all the files and subdirectory from a server. I tried scp pritish@ipaddress:/home/pritish -r $PWD it copies all the files but not the directory, Can any one help me. I want to copy files as well as subdirectory from a server directory Note: Use CODE-tags when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Secure copy help

I want to use scp in a script and have two questions: 1. Is there a way to use password in script, so script does not halt and ask for my password for remote box half way through? 2. The code below copies the file to my home directory on the remote server. How can I copy "file" to the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjones
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Secure Copy (SCP) command

Hi, I am in the process of converting ftp transfres to SCP in my scripts. Have some doubts with SCP command 1) currently script puts a list of ftp commands in afile and paasses the file to ftp as input echo "user abc pwd" >inputfile echo "ls *" >> inputfile echo "quit" >> inputfile... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchill
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Secure Copy, scp

Is there a way we can avoid asking of password when we transfer file from one Unix server to another server using SCP command. Or Is is possible that the batch file in unix in which I am giving the SCP command takes the password and transfer the files automatically without me typing the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pash
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Secure Copy - File Transfer between 2 server

Using RCP command we can transfer file from one server to another server. While transferring we can rename the file also e.g. File name = FILE123.txt (lying on Source server = oldserver) Target Server Name = newyour Renamed File = FILE456.txt rcp FILE123.txt newyour:./FILE456.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pash
1 Replies
CC(1)							      General Commands Manual							     CC(1)

NAME
cc - C compiler SYNOPSIS
cc [-STOUfcimos] [-w[aos]] [-v[n]] [-Dname]* [-Idir]* [-Ldir]* file+ [-lname]* OPTIONS
-D The flag -Dx[=y] defines a macro x with (optional) value y -I -Idir searches dir for include files -L -Ldir searches dir for -lname libraries -O Optimize the code -S Produce an assembly code file, then stop -T The flag -Tdir tells cc and as to use dir for temporary files -U Undefine a macro -E Preprocess to standard output -c Compile only. Do not link -f Link with floating point emulation library -i Use separate I & D space (64K + 64K) ( only) -l The flag -lname causes the library libname.a to be linked -m Remove unnecessary prototypes after preprocessing ( only) -o Put output on file named by next arg -s Strip the symbol-table from executable file -v Verbose; print pass names -vn Verbose; print pass names but do not run them -w Suppress warning messages -ws Suppress strict messages -wa Suppress all warning and strict messages -wo Suppress messages about old-style -.o Do not link the default run-time start-off EXAMPLES
cc -c file.c # Compile file.c cc -DFOO file.c # Treat the symbol FOO as defined cc -wo -o out file.c # Compile old-style code; output to out DESCRIPTION
This is the C compiler. It has eight passes, as follows: Program Input Output Operation performed lib/ncpp prog.c prog.i C preprocessor: #include, #define, #ifdef lib/irrel prog.i prog.i Removal of unnecessary prototypes lib/ncem prog.i prog.k Parsing and semantic analysis lib/nopt prog.k prog.m Optimization of the intermediate code lib/ncg prog.m prog.s Code generation bin/as prog.s prog.o Assembly lib/ld prog.o prog.out Linking lib/cv prog.out a.outConversion to MINIX a.out format In the 68000 versions of MINIX , the preprocessor is not called since the front-end contains the preprocessor. This increases compilation speed. The main program, cc , forks appropriately to call the passes, transmitting flags and arguments. The -v flag causes the passes to be listed as they are called, and the -vn flag causes the passes to be listed but not called. The libraries should be made with aal (which is the same as ar on the 68000 versions), and consist of .o files. The internal order of files inside the library is unimportant, but the order in which the libraries are specified is. When -T is used, the intermediate files end up in the directory specified. Otherwise, /tmp is used. When available memory is very limited (e.g., a 512K machine), it may be necessary to run chmem to reduce the sizes of the compiler passes that do not fit, typically ncem . On the other hand, if the compiler (or, in fact, almost any program) begins acting strange, it is almost always due to its running out of space, either stack space or scratch file space. The relevant pass can be given more stack space using chmem . More space for scratch files can be obtained by removing other files on the device. If the compiler runs out of memory, it may be necessary to use the -m flag. This causes irrel to be run, which removes unnecessary proto- types and thus frees up extra table space within the compiler. Beware, however, that running this pass may cause strictly conforming pro- grams to become non-conforming and vice versa, so you should only run this pass as a last resort. The compiler is derived from the ACK system (Tanenbaum et al., Communications of the ACM, Sept. 1983), not from the AT&T portable C com- piler. It has been shoehorned onto the PC with some loss of performance. SEE ALSO
make(1). CC(1)