Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers send file from UNIX to windows across network Post 15814 by JammerFSU on Wednesday 20th of February 2002 12:09:49 AM
Old 02-20-2002
I would suggest you either learn the command line entries for ftp on your windows machine... or simply download a ftp software application and install it on your windows machine..

go to www.download.com or www.shareware.com and search for ftp products.. some are shareware.. some are freeware..

WS_FTP LE for Windows 95/98/NT is one you can look at

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying file from Unix workspace to Windows Network

Hi All, I am new for Unix, and facing one problem I wanted to copy some of files from my Unix workarea to Window network drive. I am not able to use copy or move command for this, as this only works within workarea. Please let me know, how it can be done. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwanis
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a Unix Server to a Windows 2000 Network

Hi everyone Firstly I apologise for my total lack of knowledge about UNIX. Its unfortunately something I have never had any exposure to (Until Now). I administer a smallish Windows 2000 network with all the usual bits and pieces that involves, and have been given the task of joining a Unix... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maestro
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send a trigger file from Unix to Windows

I need to send a file from a Unix box to a Windows sever to kick off a Crystal Reports job. Any good ideas how to do this? Can it be done with FTP? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robw95
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How send a file from UNIX to Windows with FTP

Hi I'm new working in UNIX, So, I want to know How I can send a file from UNIX to Windows server with FTP. This is my script. ftp -i -n -v <<** open 199.99.99.99 user user1 password1 lcd C01_07_06 /* source/ cd //199.98.98.98/group1/reports /*destination*/ put file1.sh ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edzela
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to map unix network dirver in windows

Hi, boss i have question about to how can i map the unix(solaris8) network driver in window. how to config the sorlaris system? thanks very waiting online................... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surainbow
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send Text message from unix to windows

Hi Buddies, I have a unix client and want to send a message (containg some data) to a windows Database server to query from it and return the result. I shall be so thankfull if you help me out.:b::) Warm Regards, Jessi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessica-adams
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can Unix access Windows' File through Command Prompt in Unix

Hi all, I wish to know whether Unix can access window's file in Unix's terminal? Apart from that, how to copy files or share files between Window and Unix? I get to know of secure copy, however, my company's Unix does not support the feature of secure copy? Any other method for me to share/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
5 Replies

9. IP Networking

Network programming on UNIX env on windows

Hi, I have to start doing network programming in C/Unix but I have windows installed. Could someone please guide me how to set up the environment best suited for the networking programming? Regards Vinayak (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinayakj20
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send file from windows to UNIX daily?

Hi All! I am trying to write a little script that should go to a windows server get one file and put on a unix server, but I am not sure if it is the right way please help: #! /usr/bin/sh HOST=10.100.48.41 USER=ftp_hm PASSWD=P@$$w0rd ftp -n $HOST quote user $USER quote pass $PASSWD... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
7 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)