Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux not seeing Solaris
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Linux not seeing Solaris Post 15798 by Tim on Tuesday 19th of February 2002 03:03:03 PM
Old 02-19-2002
Linux not seeing Solaris

We have a "Sunw,ultra-2;sparc sun4u" server running Solaris 5.5.1, and I'm trying to get our Linux ftp server running Red Hat software to interface with
the Sun Solaris. Our administrator was let go last week and I,m a Mac operator that knows little about
PC or net working. All help would be greatly appreciated.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux + bsd + solaris

I prepare to install linux distros , freebsd and solaris(totally 6 OS) in a 40G harddisk, but I fail to do it, so I would like to ask some question here. Can different distros share the same linux swap?or each distros need to have their own? I made 6 partitions(5 x 7G , 1 x 4G) and 256M(I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcheng
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris xwindows on linux

Im trying to set up a linux box (red hat) as an xserver desktop for solaris 2.6. On the solaris box I type: export DISPLAY=hostname:5 xclock & I then get the error message: XLIB: connection to ":5.0" refused by server XLIB: Client is not autohorised to connect to server Error: Can't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MBGPS
1 Replies

3. Linux

df command in linux vs. Solaris

We run both linux and Solaris where I work. We have a shell script that gives hard disk information on Solaris drives. Part of it executes the following command: df -l -t -k I need to know the equivalent in Linux in order to rewrite this script. I belive the options are different for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kregh99
2 Replies

4. Solaris

linux files on solaris

Can you install linux programs on solaris?, and if so how? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: possuman72
9 Replies

5. Linux

linux-heartbeat on Solaris 9

has anyone installed linux-heartbeat on Solaris 9?? If yes, which version??? which is the best compiler to build it?? cc, ucbcc, gcc?? what other packages are needed to build it besides m4, autoconf, automake and libtool?? what GNU tools are needed??? thanks a lot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldiego
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

canonical name in solaris and linux

How can I get the "canonical name" in solaris and linux? With canonical name I mean the BOLD text below. /usr/sbin/nslookup hello.com Server: 169.41.160.1 Address: 169.41.160.1#3 Non-authoritative answer: hellos.com canonical name = hello.com Name: hello.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shifahim
1 Replies

7. Linux

Migration from solaris to linux

Hi, Currently I can able to access php script from solaris. I want to access from Linux I have done the following things: 1) I have copied all the scripts from solaris to linux. 2) I have installed php,mysql,apache. I tried with http://Hostname/username/test.php . This is not working .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux column(1) from util-linux-ng for Solaris? Which *.pkg to install?

Hi On Linux systems there is a command called "column". column - columnate lists Synopsis column -tx] -c columns] -s sep] file ...] Description The column utility formats its input into multiple columns. Rows are filled before columns. Input is taken from file operands, or,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
3 Replies

9. Programming

Linux/Solaris System Administrator to become a Linux/Solaris System Programmer?

Hi all What is the qualification required by Linux/Solaris System Administrator to become a Linux/Solaris System Programmer as to gain complete knowledge on computers. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tlogine
1 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)