Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users recursive copy of hidden files Post 15789 by thehoghunter on Tuesday 19th of February 2002 01:09:31 PM
Old 02-19-2002
Take the wildcard off.

This worked for me (Solaris 2.6)

cp -r sourceDir/ targetDir/
thehoghunter

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to copy hidden files from one folder to another

dear all, i want to copy all files in my home dir to another. from my home dir i have given ls -la then some hidden files are there with dot . .. and i also want to copy all dirs in my home as it is . because iam upgrading the system how to copy all files and dirs in my home dir... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Hidden files and protecting the folder containing hidden files from deletion

Hi. I have a script which is deleting files with a particular extension and older than 45 days.The code is: find <path> -name "<filename_pattern>" -mtime +45 -exec rm {} \; But the problem is that some important files are also getting deleted.To prevent this I have decide to make a dummy... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pochaw
4 Replies

3. Programming

recursive copy of the directory

I want to copy a directory recursively ( it again has directories) and the directory is on windows and is nfsmounted in vxWorks, i am using unix to develop the code for this, can any one suggest me how to copy the directories recursively. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with recursive copy command

Hi Guys, I am experiencing a problem right now while copying a directory as well as its subdirectories to my target directory. I know this is a very simple UNIX command using cp -R source directory target directory. but unfortunatley while doing this an error comes up on the command line saying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Knowledge_Xfer
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursive search and copy

Hello again. Well, I need help again sooner as I thought. Now I want to search for files with a known name within all subdirs, and copy the to differently named files in the same directory. For example if I had only one file to copy, I would just usecp fileName newFileNamebut to do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cabaciucia
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive search for files and copy to new directories

So I have extremely limited experience with shell scripting and I was hoping someone could point out a few commands I need to use in order to pull this off with a shell script like BASH or whatnot (this is on OS X). I need to search out for filenames with account numbers in the name itself... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flyawaymike
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

Recursive copy of Folders with files

Dear All, I will appreciate any help received. Our system is running on hpux v1 My problem is as follows: We have many customer folders with name fd000100, fd000101 and so on e.g. (Testrun)(testsqa):/>ll /TESTrun/fd000100 total 48 drwxrwx--- 2 fq000100 test 96 Jun 27 2004... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhbd
17 Replies

8. AIX

Copy to Windows hidden share

Hi, I need to find a solution for backing up/transferring BACKUP (dump file) from AIX (specifically) to Windows 2012 Hidden Share. The vendor says that he cannot do a copy from his system to hidden share because it requires a password... Personally, I think that there should be a solution... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pob579
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync - how to copy hidden folder or hidden files when using full path

Hello. I use this command : rsync -av --include=".*" --dry-run "$A_FULL_PATH_S" "$A_FULL_PATH_D"The data comes from the output of a find command. And no full source directories are in use, only some files. Source example... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
MYSQLND_MS_MATCH_WILD(3)						 1						  MYSQLND_MS_MATCH_WILD(3)

mysqlnd_ms_match_wild - Finds whether a table name matches a wildcard pattern or not

SYNOPSIS
bool mysqlnd_ms_match_wild (string $table_name, string $wildcard) DESCRIPTION
Finds whether a table name matches a wildcard pattern or not. This function is not of much practical relevance with PECL mysqlnd_ms 1.1.0 because the plugin does not support MySQL replication table filtering yet. PARAMETERS
o $table_name - The table name to check if it is matched by the wildcard. o $wildcard - The wildcard pattern to check against the table name. The wildcard pattern supports the same placeholders as MySQL replication filters do. MySQL replication filters can be configured by using the MySQL Server configuration options --replicate-wild-do-table and --replicate-wild-do-db. Please, consult the MySQL Reference Manual to learn more about this MySQL Server feature. The sup- ported placeholders are: o % - zero or more literals o _ - one literal Placeholders can be escaped using . RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE table_name is matched by wildcard. Otherwise, returns FALSE EXAMPLES
Example #1 mysqlnd_ms_match_wild(3) example <?php var_dump(mysqlnd_ms_match_wild("schema_name.table_name", "schema%")); var_dump(mysqlnd_ms_match_wild("abc", "_")); var_dump(mysqlnd_ms_match_wild("table1", "table_")); var_dump(mysqlnd_ms_match_wild("asia_customers", "%customers")); var_dump(mysqlnd_ms_match_wild("funny%table","funny\%table")); var_dump(mysqlnd_ms_match_wild("funnytable", "funny%table")); ?> The above example will output: bool(true) bool(false) bool(true) bool(true) bool(true) bool(true) PHP Documentation Group MYSQLND_MS_MATCH_WILD(3)