Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sendmail error :-(
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sendmail error :-( Post 15775 by Perderabo on Tuesday 19th of February 2002 10:57:18 AM
Old 02-19-2002
I can shed a little light here. That "MAA23665" sounds like a mail id. I would grep for that string in your mail logs which are often in /var/log/syslog.

And 550 is just a normal smtp error which is documented in the rfc.

But I don't know why you are getting an i/o error. I have never seen that error.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting sendmail: error

I'm a newbie trying to update an old sendmail 8.6 to 8.12.3 ftp'ed sendmail.org and got sendmail.8.12.3.tar.gz file size matches but when i: tar xvf sendmail.8.12.3.tar.gz i get: tar: directory checksum error tried getting others... ie. 8.12.2... ftp'ed using binary and saved in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sphiengollie
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail error

I have faced the following error : Feb 8 11:56:10 test sendmail: unable to qualify my own domain name (test) -- using short name I searched the forum and tested the required in the posts , but it doesn't work ... I have changed the IP and local host in /etc/hosts to be as follows : ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atiato
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Whe trying to start sendmail i getting following error

Hi expert , When i trying to start sendmail i getting the following error : pls help me # ./sendmail start # 451 4.0.0 /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 77: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: World writable directory 451 4.0.0 /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 472: fileclass: cannot... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saisivakumar
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Too many hops error in sendmail

I am running SCO openserver 6 with sendmail as my mta I have a customer that sends me mail and occasionally some of them get bounced by my machine with a too many hops error. the header shows that it hops around their servers several times before getting to me and I know this is something that they... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garycrow
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting some error periodically - sendmail

Hi all, When ever i open unix, periodically after every 3 minutes(approximately) i get the below error. "Dec 29 23:56:01 "domain name" sendmail: unable to qualify my own domain name ("domain name") -- using short name". This is interrupting me while writing a program. Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshbharadwaj
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Sendmail error delaying relay

When I try to send mail, sendmail delays a lot. After monitoring syslog, I noticed that sendmail starts with this first message... waits a minute and gives the second message... waits another minute and then sends off the email. How do I correct this in sendmail or completly disable it. I'm sending... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
0 Replies

7. AIX

sendmail error aix 5.2

Hi, i'm having this error in my aix development server... i dont know what to do, anyone can helpme out with this??? I'll be so gratefull. ---- start of message Message from syslogd@aixdes1 at Mon Aug 9 08:36:03 2010 ... aixdes1 mail:crit sendmail: My unqualified host name (aixdes1)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fdeivis
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

sendmail error

Hi, Need help here in sendmail error encountered # tail /var/log/maillog Aug 18 16:36:01 dot-123-my-server sendmail: q7IKa1GJ001123: to=<munin@dot-123-my-server>, ctladdr=<munin@dot-123-my-server> (101/102), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local, pri=30898, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent Aug... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edwin rosales
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail error message

Hi i am having a probleme with my sendmail server. using it as a mta to send out email. keem on getting this error message back. ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <XXX@XXXX.co.za> (reason: 554 Denied (Mode: normal)) ----- Transcript of session... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakie
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Sendmail Error

Hello, we have a mailserver named vision.mailhost.com 192.168.10.10 ( solaris 10) We have an test server named visionway 192.168.10.5 ( solaris 10) we want to run a cron job on test server and send an email if the cronjob fails Question is how does the test server sendmail know the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nimika
1 Replies
mailstats(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      mailstats(8)

NAME
mailstats - Displays statistics about mail traffic SYNOPSIS
mailstats [-o] [-C cffile [-f stfile] FLAGS
Do not display the name of the mailer in the output. Use cffile as the name of the sendmail "cf" file instead of /var/adm/sendmail/send- mail.cf. Use stfile as the input statistics file instead of /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.st. DESCRIPTION
The mailstats command reads the information in the /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.st file (or in the file specified with the -f flag), formats it, and writes it to standard output. Note also that you can change the location of the sendmail.st file by editing its pathname in the sendmail.cf file. EXAMPLES
The format of the information is shown in the following example, in which the first field (M) contains a number that indicates the position of that mailer in the sendmail.cf file, starting at 0 (zero). For example, the first mailer in the sendmail.cf file corresponds to the number 0 in the mailstats display, the second mailer corresponds to the number 1, and so on. Statistics from Thu Feb 17 11:20:01 2000 M msgsfr bytes_from msgsto bytes_to msgsrej msgsdis Mailer 1 50 77K 1 3K 0 0 local 6 43 59K 58 99K 0 0 smtp ============================================================ T 93 136K 59 102K 0 0 The fields in the report have the following meanings: Indicates the position of the mailer in the sendmail.cf file. Indicates the number of messages received by the local machine from the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of bytes in the messages received by the local machine from the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of messages sent from the local machine using the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of bytes in the messages sent from the local machine using the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of rejected messages. Indicates the number of discarded messages. Indicates the name of the mailer. If sendmail transmits mail directly to a file, such as the dead.letter file or an alias target, the message and byte counts are credited to the prog mailer, as defined in the sendmail.cf file. However, mailstats will still default to var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.st. FILES
Specifies the command path Contains system statistics Contains configuration information for sendmail RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: sendmail(8) delim off mailstats(8)