Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A Unix career?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers A Unix career? Post 15696 by killerserv on Monday 18th of February 2002 07:27:15 PM
Old 02-18-2002
Gavan,
Welcome to the world of Unix.
For your question. Suppose you should check the Unix vendors webpages for the answer but since you asked in this forum i suggest for you to check this thread for the nearest answer for your question.

https://www.unix.com/new-to-unix-which-books-should-i-read-/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

career as a unix admin and new graduate

Hello all, Im about to graduate with a degree in computer science. I think i've found my 'niche' in unix and would like to take it up as a career. I hope you dont mind answering a few questions. How hard is it to get the foot in the door? Whats the best way to get the foot in the door? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stride6
5 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Unix Career Path

Hi, I've been in the IT field for a few years now, less than 10. I've done a little of everything from database administration, development, systems administration, and unix administration. Although, I wouldnt say I'm a senior level in any of those. Unix definitely stands out in my preferences... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use career in unix

Hi, I want to start my career in Unix. I would like to know what is the job profile that I have to refer to and what is the basic knowledge that is required......I am a B.sc graduate and currently working in a BPO from past 1 year....... Thanking you in advance... Ram Suresh.L (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsuresh
5 Replies

4. Programming

Unix Career path

Hi, I am having experience on Perl and C# and worked as Windows Sytem Admin and now iam planning to become a UNIX developer. I am having knowledge on basic UNIX.. can any one suggest me any good material for c/c++ UNIX programming. on what all things a UNIX Programmer needs to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrareddy1
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Suggestion Required for UNIX career

Hi, I am having experience on Perl and C# and worked as Windows Sytem Admin and now iam planning to become a UNIX developer. I am having knowledge on basic UNIX.. can any one suggest me any good material for c/c++ UNIX programming. on what all things a UNIX Programmer needs to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandrareddy1
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are the career options in unix apart from unix system administration?

What are the career options in unix apart from unix system administration? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Career in Unix

I need some advice regarding my career. I have been working for a major it company in a unix based support project. I have not learnt much in the 2 years except for basics in unix. I am really worried about my career thinking about what would happen next. I always wanted to be a developer but i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2say
10 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX career path

Hi All, This question is regarding career path. I was not sure about which forum I should drop it, so putting it here. I have 12 years of experience on UNIX i.e. majority of Solaris and some of Linux (Suse & Red Hat). Since starting I have been working on 100% administration side and I am not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX career path for Admin

Hello, Just wanted to have a suggestion on UNIX carrier path and I couldn't found any proper forum/blog where I can put this question better than this one. I have been working on Solaris from past 13 years and some years on Linux. It was completely on Admin side and never on development or... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
12 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Need career advise as UNIX adminstrator

I have been working in application support at last 2 years. But I want to become unix administrator and I have basic knowledge in unix command, VI Editors, Unix file system. But I don't know proper procedure to become unix administrator, so could you please give suggestion and advise where I start... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopal88
4 Replies
PPI::Token::Magic(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      PPI::Token::Magic(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::Magic - Tokens representing magic variables INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Magic isa PPI::Token::Symbol isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element SYNOPSIS
# When we say magic variables, we mean these... $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9 $_ $& $` $' $+ @+ %+ $* $. $/ $| $\ $" $; $% $= $- @- %- $) $# $~ $^ $: $? $! %! $@ $$ $< $> $( $0 $[ $] @_ @* $} $, $#+ $#- $^L $^A $^E $^C $^D $^F $^H $^I $^M $^N $^O $^P $^R $^S $^T $^V $^W $^X DESCRIPTION
"PPI::Token::Magic" is a sub-class of PPI::Token::Symbol which identifies the token as "magic variable", one of the strange and unusual variables that are connected to "things" behind the scenes. Some are extremely common, like $_, and others you will quite probably never encounter in your Perl career. METHODS
The class provides no additional methods, beyond those provided by it's PPI::Token::Symbol, PPI::Token and PPI::Element. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Token::Magic(3)