Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming may be simple but i don't know -- Print current date from C program Post 15651 by ls1429 on Monday 18th of February 2002 01:02:21 AM
Old 02-18-2002
may be simple but i don't know -- Print current date from C program

I found one difference from my code from yours.

I am using the tm structure in a function instead of main()
My sample code structure is

#include <iostream.h>
#include <iomanip.h>
#include <time.h>
int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
display_estHdr_formatted(msg);
}

int displayHdr(istrstream& msg)
{

time_t tt; // Seconds since 1/1/1970
struct tm *tod;

time(&tt);
tod = localtime(&tt);

cout << tod->tm_mon + 1 << "/"
<< tod->tm_mday << "/"
<< tod->tm_year << endl
<< tod->tm_sec << endl;

msg.read(displayBuffer,424);

msg.read(displayBuffer, 9);

return 0;
}

I am using IBM Aix version

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to subtract 2 hours from 'date' in shell ( /bin/sh ) script ?

I write a sh script that zip and copy to tape all files that older then 2 hours. 1. The way I choose is - touch a file with "now - 2 hours", then use fine with '! -newer' 2. Do you have any other idea to do it ? tnx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yairon
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Don't Know to Rebuild Linux Kernel(URGENT)

Hello. I'm installing Oracle8i on Red Hat Linux Server 7.0. The Oracle documentation has some preinstallation request to be carried before installing the Oracle software. It asks to modify some SEMAPHORE & SHARED MEMORY values in to a specified file. And finally after updating this values it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Don't hate me because I'm stupid...

Hi all, I don't know the first thing about Unix, but I would like to learn. I would like to know what the difference between Linux and Unix is, and where I can obtain a copy of either. Thanks :o (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThisIsNewToMe
8 Replies

4. Programming

a very simple question (but i don't know)

how to write a program that receive a string from keyboard and then print it out. i write a program: main() { char str; gets(str); printf(str); } but when i compile it, the system said something like "new line is not last charicter" and sometime the system said "a3.c is up to date"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dell9
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Genome Startmenu crashed why I don't Know ??

what I have to do ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atiato
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I don't know where to start

I have been in computers for 30 years and know everything about MS, but nothing about anything else. Been developping websites (inter alia) running on MS servers using ASP's and vbScripts which apparently does not work under Unix. My own website is being hosted on a Unix server and I need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paul@cascom
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How a program to convert '|' delimited file into excel?

Hi All, I want to convert a '|' delimited file to excel file. I want it is an automated process (this means I need not to open excel, import and choose '|' delimited, then ... to generate an excel) I need to use a scripts or proram to convert the file. Do any one have this tools? A... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to print current date?

List, I want to print the first line of my text file (say "me you"), preceded by the current date/time. Something like (pseudo code): awk '{print date,$1}' I don't have a lot of awk knowledge (understatement), so forgive me if the answer is obvious... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: philipz
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print all dates 100 days from current date

can anyone please suggest me on ideas to write a script which has to go back to 100 days from 'current date' and print the date of each day starting from 100th day to current day. (korn shell please) Thanks Pavan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh

Hi folks month=`date +%m`gives current month Howto print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
7 Replies
TIMEGM(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 TIMEGM(3)

NAME
timegm, timelocal - inverses for gmtime and localtime SYNOPSIS
#include <time.h> time_t timelocal (struct tm *tm); time_t timegm (struct tm *tm); DESCRIPTION
The functions timelocal() and timegm() are the inverses to localtime(3) and gmtime(3). NOTES
These functions are GNU extensions. The timelocal() function is equivalent to the POSIX standard function mktime(3). There is no reason to ever use it. For a portable version of timegm(), set the TZ environment variable to UTC, call mktime() and restore the value of TZ. Something like #include <time.h> #include <stdlib.h> time_t my_timegm (struct tm *tm) { time_t ret; char *tz; tz = getenv("TZ"); setenv("TZ", "", 1); tzset(); ret = mktime(tm); if (tz) setenv("TZ", tz, 1); else unsetenv("TZ"); tzset(); return ret; } SEE ALSO
gmtime(3), localtime(3), mktime(3), tzset(3) GNU
2001-12-26 TIMEGM(3)