Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Graphics And Animation
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Graphics And Animation Post 15583 by #1freebsddude on Saturday 16th of February 2002 01:17:57 AM
Old 02-16-2002
csh - C Shell, mainly shell scripting

awk/sed - more of pattern matching, regular expressions, string manipulation and substitution types of commands

tcl/tk - Tool Command Language/Tool Kit
PERL - Practical Extraction Language
tcl/tk and Perl are more or less both programming languages
used for scripting, application programming. Perl/Cgi has been
used for web scripting as a companion to HTML. perl can also
interface with databases such as Oracle, Sybase, mySQL, etc.
I have not used tcl/tk, but I believe it is like Perl and in addition
you can do some GUI (Graphical User Interface) development
with it.

C/C++ are programming languages, as we talked before.

Hopefully this help.

I would suggest that you search on yahoo, lycos, etc. to find more relevant information for what you are looking for or try to
buy some Unix (Applications) books, etc.

Best Wishes

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

3d animation

What are the benefits to using UNIX for 3d animation. I am looking into the field, and most places require a strong background in UNIX. Why is this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloysius1001
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

unix.com Flash animation

I realy Love the look of the Flash animation at top of the forum, very sweet. But it uses all of my cpu power :( even winamp starts getting little skips. Then i have to scroll down and hide the nice animation :( Maybe someone could try to tune it a little bit. Thats on a 1,6 Ghz... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script animation

I have read hundreds of the postings and cannot find the answer to my question...so I hope that someone is able to answer it for me. I am writing a script in bash, and would like to add animation. I have a gif file that I would like to open and have displayed on the screen. Can this be done? Of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: debit
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Animation

Hi, I want to write a shell script which can do some animation The animation is as follows it is like a progress barwhich hould gone on inresing with time & at the end of the line there should be the progess Eg == - 10%... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot shell script controlled animation

Hi, I am looking for basic shell script to feed Gnuplot with live data, to arrange basic animation. I mean one-liner one variable real function. Any idea or experiences from the past, generating Gnuplot animation on dumb terminal (ASCII only) ? Or please refer me to a nice web site. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: darius2
7 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] links2 --enable-graphics from source, configure error: no graphics driver found.

Howdy I am trying to install links2 with graphics support on snow leopard 10.6.8 (xcode installed). I have had the program running last year, also installed from source - but then I had installed some image libraries with mac ports and fink - cannot reproduce that setup. Plus I would like to not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterbaerchen
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop animation

This is just for fun but i can't work it out I want to animate this dotted line in a shell script. .................................................................................. I want it to start at one dot like this . and end up printing them all. I think I need a while loop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalviking
5 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Description Animation with jQuery

I found that the pages that lists all the forums were too cluttered with the forum descriptions, so I added a bit of jQuery to hide the forum descriptions and to fade them in and out on mouseover: <script> $(document).ready(function() { jQuery(".neo-forum-description").hide();... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
tcl(1)							      General Commands Manual							    tcl(1)

NAME
tcl, tk, tcl-tk - Tool Command Language DESCRIPTION
The tcl software is unsupported software that is provided as part of Tru64 UNIX. Compaq will fix problems in this unsupported software only if they are specific to Tru64 UNIX. Compaq will not fix problems that are integral to the software itself or that occur when the com- ponent is used on UNIX systems other than Tru64 UNIX. Compaq will not add functionality to this software. Except for this reference page, other reference pages that Tru64 UNIX supplies for tcl are passed through without changes. The reference pages distributed as part of this software are available in the directories /usr/share/doclib/annex/man/man[1-9]. You should use this directory stem in the man command or add it to the MANPATH environment variable to make these files available to the man command. Note Compaq is not responsible for the content or quality of reference pages and other documents installed under the /usr/share/doclib/annex directory and does not revise this material in response to customer problem reports. Reference pages installed under the /usr/share/doclib/annex/man directory are not available from Compaq in book form; for example, they are not included in the reference manu- als that you receive when you order the Tru64 UNIX documentation set as hard copy books. Problems related to the content or quality of any documentation installed in the /usr/share/doclib/annex directory tree should be sent to the developers of the documentation. The format for changing the search path with the man command is: man -P /usr/share/doclib/annex/man [section] title... If you are using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shells, use the following command sequence to modify your environment: MANPATH=$MAN- PATH:/usr/share/doclib/annex/man export MANPATH If you are using the C shell, enter the command: setenv MANPATH `echo $MANPATH`:/usr/share/doclib/annex/man See the reference pages for the man(1) command for additional information on the search path used to locate files. The reference pages associated with this product are not included in the whatis data base created by the catman command. Therefore, the man -k and apropos commands will not locate reference pages included with this product. SEE ALSO
Commands: apropos(1), catman(8), man(1) tcl(1)