Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: new to unix world
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers new to unix world Post 155 by Neo on Wednesday 1st of November 2000 06:46:15 PM
Old 11-01-2000
Please provide the URL for videos you are talking about so we can check them out and provide an opinion for you.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Click here for the best unix in the world!!!!

To anyone who asks which Unix is the best... or which one I should use... Probably the best timeline I have ever seen. Read this link... http://www.levenez.com/unix/history.html#08 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new user to the next generation of the new WORLD UNIX

am a windows Prof .... i deside to go with the UNIX .... but how can i start ......plz help me ........ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ekarak
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix in the banking world

Hi I have recently joined a bank as a tester. Initially I will be working on some test scripts and then I will be testing their data warehouse using SQL and Unix. I do have a very basic knowledge and understanding of both unix and sql. I am not sure how I will be using Unix to test their ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikkumar84@g
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

The Language of the Unix World should Change

We should put an end to saying "orphan", "kill child", "zombie". Anyone, We should change the awful metaphors used in the language of managing Unix processes. I believe that this still humbly local initiative hides a great importance of how the world of Unix looks and feels to every user. ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonank
18 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on unix scripting. I am at hello world level. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Need to automate the following steps (OS--> AIX ) 1. cd /advx/R8.1MR2/TOP/logs ( I navigate to this directory) 2. Monitor the current date ULOG for specific error pattern => ls -lrt ULOG.08* -rw-rw-rw- 1 vssrt vssgrp 24370 Aug 01 23:57 ULOG.080112 -rw-rw-rw- 1 vssrt vssgrp ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: krchakr
6 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Mad World Remix of Moby Video (Are You Lost In The World Like Me)

This is an excellent video comment on modern society and the remix is good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DU1B_XkyIk 5DU1B_XkyIk Watch the video above and post your comments. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX: Building The Most Important OS in the World By John Loeffler

Nice UNIX history article by John Loeffler, February, 05th 2019 UNIX: Building The Most Important OS in the World The most widely used operating system in the world was a project born out of failure. (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX.com Hello World HUD YT Video

UNIX.com Hello World HUD YT Video https://youtu.be/cs3dbPnzDV4 Check it out! Subscribe, Like, Share, Comment . Cyber Dystopia (Ep. 2) - The Myth of the Singularity Coming Soon! (3 Replies)
3 Replies
deb-origin(5)							      Debian							     deb-origin(5)

NAME
deb-origin - Vendor-specific information files SYNOPSIS
/etc/dpkg/origins/filename DESCRIPTION
The files in /etc/dpkg/origins can provide information about various vendors who are providing Debian packages. They contain a number of fields, or comments when the line starts with '#'. Each field begins with a tag, such as Vendor or Parent, followed by a colon and the body of the field. Fields are delimited only by field tags. In other words, field text may be multiple lines in length, but the tools will join lines when processing the body of the field. REQUIRED FIELDS
Vendor: vendor-name The value of this field determines the vendor name. OPTIONAL FIELDS
Vendor-URL: vendor-url The value of this field determines the vendor URL. Bugs: bug-url The value of this field determines the type and address of the bug tracking system used by this vendor. It can be a mailto URL or a debbugs URL (e.g., debbugs://bugs.debian.org/). Parent: vendor-name The value of this field determines the vendor name of the vendor that this vendor derives from. EXAMPLE
Vendor: Debian Vendor-URL: http://www.debian.org/ Bugs: debbugs://bugs.debian.org SEE ALSO
dpkg-vendor(1) Debian Project 2011-11-10 deb-origin(5)