Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help on find a document
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help on find a document Post 15489 by merlin on Thursday 14th of February 2002 07:37:09 PM
Old 02-14-2002
Help on find a document

Hey all,

I've been trying to find a document. The document is a list of all supported hardware that Solaris 7 supports. If anyone knows where this can be found thx in advanced. I've tried looking through the docs.sun.com site and can't find what I am after.

It's just a list of hardware that is supported with Solaris 7 so all I have to do is plug in the hardware and it'll run from there.

:-)
merlin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a document

Hi.. Does anybody knows how can I split a file in N documents?? I have a document of more than 80,000 lines (it is generated in a dynamic way, sometimes has 80,000 others 30,000 , or 1000,000) Im trying tyo break this file in only 1 lines of commands but I want to break it in a N differents files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gtapia
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo with a here-document

I do not know how valid this post is, but here it is. I was writing a script for testing some development code that I had written. It involved many echo statements to redirect the output into a log file. Given the large number of echo statements, I took to this solution cat <<EOF >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

The here document <<

Hello, I want to know the use of the here document with the << operator. Tried to go through some books but the concept was not clear. Please can any1 expalin me this with a simple example. Thanks, Rahul. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

here document not working

I tried doing ftp myhost <<HERE username password quit HERE but it doesnt work. Why? When I do ftp host, I always get prompted for username, and once I type that in I get prompted for password. But when I try doing it from here document it freezes. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Document

Plz can somebody give me the shell and perl scripting documents,i need to start the scrpts learning.now i know about the linux commands,but need help in putting the same in the scripting with do,if,while and also using diffrent commands in the scrpipts,pls help.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish.res
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables in HERE DOCUMENT

Here is my problem: can we set the variables in the HERE DOCUMENT? I have tried but failed. Any one has good comments please let me know. #!/bin/csh -f pbrun -u xmgbrk runshell <<! @ $num1 = `wc -l /home/tpltp/csh/scripts/who.csh` echo "$num1" if ( $num1 > 0 ) then echo $num1 | tee -a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tpltp
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a special string in a text document

Hi, i got stuck in creating a search job. I have a text file which looks like this: ====================== Backup - OK - Backup - OK - Backup - ERROR - Backup - WARNING - ====================== I want to search the text file for the string ERROR. If this string is present in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnino
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Here document inside a here document?

Can we use a here document inside a here document? Something like this ssh user@remotehost << REMOTE sudo vserver vsernamename enter << VSERVER perform actions on vserver. VSERVER REMOTE (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
6 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

HTML document

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Personal Web Page</TITLE></HEAD> <BODY BGCOLOR="WHITE"><H3> <CENTER>My Personal Page<HR>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Larry_1
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Where can I find Sun Documents? Document ID: 75970

I am looking for the below Document ID: Document ID: 75970 Title: "Simulating a Boot Drive Failure for Testing Purposes for Solstice DiskSuite, Solaris Volume Manager or Veritas Volume Manager" I tried searching on the web and Oracle and I cannot find this document; ever since Oracle... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
2 Replies
HXUNENT(1)							  HTML-XML-utils							HXUNENT(1)

NAME
hxunent - replace HTML predefined character entities by UTF-8 SYNOPSIS
hxunent [ -b ] [ -f ] [ file ] DESCRIPTION
The hxunent command reads the file (or standard input) and copies it to standard output with &-entities by their equivalent character (encoded as UTF-8). E.g., &quot; is replaced by " and &lt; is replaced by <. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -b The five builtin entities of XML (&lt; &gt; &quot; &apos; &amp;) are not replaced but copied unchanged. This is necessary if the output has to be valid XML or SGML. -f This option changes how unknown entities or lone ampersands are handled. Normally they are copied unchanged, but this option tries to "fix" them by replacing ampersands by &amp;. Often such stray ampersands are the result of copy and paste of URLs into a document and then this option indeed fixes them and makes the document valid. DIAGNOSTICS
The program's exit value is 0 if all went well, otherwise: 1 The input couldn't be read (file not found, file not readable...) 2 Wrong command line arguments. SEE ALSO
asc2xml(1), xml2asc(1), UTF-8 (RFC 2279) BUGS
The program assumes entities are as defined by HTML. It doesn't read a document's DTD to find the actual definitions in use in a document. With -f, it will even remove all entities that are not HTML entities. 6.x 10 Jul 2011 HXUNENT(1)