Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: console
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers console Post 15341 by guest100 on Wednesday 13th of February 2002 05:17:44 AM
Old 02-13-2002
As the monitor was connected to the serial port A it was safe to do it. I had no problem.

Thanks for your answers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Console

Hi everybody, I have a Solaris 220 Entrprise SunMicrosystems UNIX box. I would like to know if my availability to connect a monitor, keyboard and mouse is limited? Can I connect whatever 'make' or it has to be a Sun one ?? Thanks very much (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/console

hi ! sorry for the stupid question but my /console is full and i need to clean it how do i clean it ? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karine
2 Replies

3. AIX

How to get console

Hi Guys, Please let me know how to get console for a pSeries 610 machine. It doesn't have a display card attached...Tried to user serial ports on that...not getting anything...but system is booting..displaying messages on the display pannel present in the front. please help in this....what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

reset console

I have HP-UX 11i. My serial console is not responding to any input. How can I reset the console without rebooting the system? I can telnet in with no problem and system runs fine other than the console. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mizzleman
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Console

Hi all, Where we can run two same program on unix console at same time? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonali
7 Replies

6. HP-UX

console question

Are there any reprocussions to leaving the consoles unplugged on HP L & N Class machines? We are cramped for space in the server room and we are thinking about unplugging all the console/terminals and only keeping one terminal to plug in when we need to log in directly on a box. I did a small... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

console /dev/console get image

We are using software (Pegasys) which runs on SunOS 5.8 and reads images from a Philips nuclear camera. The software is designed to run from the console. I need to be able to capture the images it produces on the display. The caveat is that I cannot use the X Windows display because the X Server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP Console Vs Serial console.

Hi Gurus, Can some one explain me the difference between a IP console and a serial console. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies
iscc(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   iscc(7)

NAME
iscc - serial communications interface SYNOPSIS
controller iscc0 at isa0 DESCRIPTION
An onboard Zilog 8530 DUART provides AXPvme-based Single Board Computers with console (CON) and auxiliary (AUX) serial communications ports. Both serial communications ports can operate at baud rates from B50 to B38400, excluding B134 (see tty(7)). On AXPvme Single Board Computers configured with a graphics head as the system console, the CON serial communications port (/dev/tty01) is available for use by application programs as an additional communications port. In the absence of a graphics head, the CON serial communications port (/dev/console) becomes the system console. When used as the serial system console, the CON serial communications port always operates at 9600 BPS, 8-bits, and no parity. Regardless of system console, the AUX serial communications port (/dev/tty00) is always available for use by application programs. RESTRICTIONS
Data communications equipment attached to the CON serial communications port must be set to 9600 BPS, 8-bits, no parity when configured as the serial system console. The iscc terminal driver enforces this restriction. No modem control is supported for either the CON or AUX serial communications ports. FILES
console terminal local terminal local terminal RELATED INFORMATION
console(7), devio(7), tty(7), MAKEDEV(8) delim off iscc(7)