Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I need remote connection help Post 15292 by noobie_doo on Tuesday 12th of February 2002 04:51:31 PM
Old 02-12-2002
Thank you very much. My local Unix guru was pleased with my effort. Be warned I'll be back (=

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remote connection

Hi: Can i access my Linux Box from a remote machine, Login and Run a program(eg: netscape) in a particular display number. Assuming i do not have XServer running in my machine Appreciate the help Thanks, Preetham. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: preetham
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote Connection (SSH)

Hello all, I connect usually to one enviornment "dev" daily and then ftp some files to some other enviorment "uat" and then login to "uat" and run some scripts to process these files. I was thinking to automate the process, where running one script from "dev" will complete all task required... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote SSH Connection Using Script

Hi, I am new to Shell Scripting. Can anybody help me in writing a Script Which Could Login from a Unix box to a Remote Unix box which accepts the user credentials automatically and display the result for checking the Disk Space Utilisation (Without running any SSH agent). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajith_tg
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

graphical remote connection to linux

is there any way to connect to linux server from windows machine in graphical mode like remote desktop in windows. Thanx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
5 Replies

5. SCO

Remote connection trought Telnet

Well... finally I took and old SCO Server and it works fine to keep working my ERP, but now I have a "LITTLE" trouble... with the other server we've made a connection trought TinyTerm with a DYNDNS Domain, in my firewall I noticed that there's a RULE establishing that the IP 192.168.0.1 (Server IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LIA_RAG
4 Replies

6. Linux

GUI remote connection

Hello, I need a tool for remote GUI connection to Linux machine ,something like remote Desktop in windows?????any help Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed

Hi Everyone, Good day. Scenario: 2 unix servers -- A (SunOS) and B (AIX) I have an ftp script to sftp 30 files from A to B which happen almost instantaneously i.e 30 sftp's happen at the same time. Some of these sftp's fail with the following error: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrying a remote connection after failure

Hi all, I am new to this forum and want an urgent help from you experts. I am currently using SunOs 5.10. I have a .cfi file which contains some commands to be executed in a node(MSC node in telecom) To connect to a node (for eg node name is MSC1) we have a shell script that has the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: interceptor16
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote connection

How can we connect to remote computers with a bash script.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diw10
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restrict remote DB connection from PERL

I have PERL code to connect to Oracle database using DBI. e.g. $PERL -e "use DBI; DBI->connect(qw(DBI:Oracle:db111 testu testpass));" by using DBI , if remote DB added to tnsnames.ora , I can connect using DBI . is there a way to restrict not to connect to remote DB using DBI ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies
Mason::Manual::Intro(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Mason::Manual::Intro(3pm)

NAME
Mason::Manual::Intro - Getting started with Mason DESCRIPTION
A few quick examples to get your feet wet with Mason. See Mason::Manual::Setup for how to use Mason to generate web sites. EXAMPLE 1 Hello world (from command-line) After installing Mason, you should have a "mason" command in your installation path (e.g. "/usr/local/bin"). Try this: % mason Hello! The local time is <% scalar(localtime) %>. ^D (where '^D' means ctrl-D or EOF). You should see something like Hello! The local time is Wed Mar 2 17:11:54 2011. The "mason" command reads in a Mason component (template), runs it, and prints the result to standard output. Notice that the tag <% scalar(localtime) %> was replaced with the value of its expression. This is called a substitution tag and is a central piece of Mason syntax. EXAMPLE 2 Email generator (from script) The command line is good for trying quick things, but eventually you're going to want to put your Mason components in files. In a test directory, create a directory "comps" and create a file "email.mc" with the following: <%class> has 'amount'; has 'name'; </%class> Dear <% $.name %>, We are pleased to inform you that you have won $<% sprintf("%.2f", $.amount) %>! Sincerely, The Lottery Commission <%init> die "amount must be a positive value!" unless $.amount > 0; </%init> In addition to the substitution tag we've seen before, we declare two attributes, "amount" and "name", to be passed into the component; and we declare a piece of initialization code to validate the amount. In the same test directory, create a script "test.pl" with the following: 1 #!/usr/local/bin/perl 2 use Mason; 3 my $interp = Mason->new(comp_root => 'comps', data_dir => 'data'); 4 print $interp->run('/email', name => 'Joe', amount => '1500')->output; Line 3 creates a Mason interpreter, the main Mason object. It specifies two parameters: a component root, indicating the directory hierarchy where your components will live; and a data directory, which Mason will use for internal purposes such as class generation and caching. Line 4 runs the template - notice that the ".mc" extension is added automatically - passing values for the "name" and "amount" attributes. Run "test.pl", and you should see Dear Joe, We are pleased to inform you that you have won $1500.00! Sincerely, The Lottery Commission SEE ALSO
Mason::Manual::Tutorial, Mason::Manual AUTHOR
Jonathan Swartz <swartz@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2011 by Jonathan Swartz. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-02 Mason::Manual::Intro(3pm)