Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I changed PS1 and now ....
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I changed PS1 and now .... Post 15246 by Fwurm on Tuesday 12th of February 2002 10:10:18 AM
Old 02-12-2002
I am using Tera Term Pro.

And what am I doing when I am working locally on it? So, it must work somehow. :-(
I even tried it on Red Hat 7 but there is the same effect.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PS1 variable

I want to set my prompt to something more descriptive than a plain old $, so I set the PS1 variable as such: PS1="" Which changes the prompt correctly, but when I change directories, it does not update the prompt. So I tried this: PS1="`pwd`>" I get the same results when changing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PS1 problem

can anyone tell me how to change the $ prompt by calling a variable. Say for example i called a var 'enable' I and would like the $ prompt to change to a phrase like 'my prompt' any help would be great (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pg080394
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To change PS1 for every one second

I want to change the PS1 prompt with current time. I want the PS1 to update for every one second. I write a Script. PS1='\T' but it updates after i press enter key.I want to update without pressing enter key. can any one help me? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmananindia
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PS1 prompt

please advise what's wrong with this command ? PS1="`hostname`:`who am i | cut -d " " -f1`:>>" trying to make the PS1 prompt look like : machine_name:username:>> thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Export PS1 I think :-0

I am 100% new to Unix and trying to learn. This is my first time even touching a script in Unix. We have the following variable script that I am trying to run.... ################################## ###### variable test### ################################## Hostname=`hostname`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PS1 challenge

Ok then i Have a challenge for you : Give me PS1 so that it always display the least 2 levels of directory (except if i am above of course) I want it this way : so if i go to / /home/ /home/user /home/user/whatever /home/user/whatever1/whatever2 my PS1 should respectively... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctsgnb
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting PS1

I have set PSI for my prompt using the following command: PS1="${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}\\u@\h:\\\w\a]\ "which produces chrisd@pguk:~]I want to include [ in the beginning but cannot understand the way to do this. Also I want to show only the current directory, not the whole... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing PS1

I have coded PS1 as shown, producing the following result when writing on the command line ┌─ cdl └──╼ make tracepdf2d If I make an error in the command an ✗ is printed ┌─ ✗ cdl └──╼ ls-a ls-a: command not found My problem is that if I just press enter, I do not want to have the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to echo "File permissions or ownership changed from required " when accidentally changed.

Hi All, I have to work in the late nights some times for server maintenance and in a hurry to complete I am accidentally changing ownership or permission of directories :( which have similar names ( /var in root and var of some other directory ).:confused: Can some one suggest me with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shiek.kaleem
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PS1 - change

Hello I am attempting to generate a bash scrip that prompts me at loggin to change my PS1 - However, I am running into an issue w/ the code. #!/bin/bash #the point of this script is to that it automates and changes my prompts every day msg1="What do you feel like adding today :" echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: D'go
11 Replies
RHN-PROFILE-SYNC(8)						   Red Hat, Inc.					       RHN-PROFILE-SYNC(8)

NAME
rhn-profile-sync - Update system information on Red Hat Network. SYNOPSIS
rhn-profile-sync [options] DESCRIPTION
rhn-profile-sync is a client program that connects to Red Hat Network (or a Red Hat Network Satellite) and refreshes the data stored for this system. rhn-profile-sync updates data about installed packages, machine hardware, and virtual guest instances (if virtualization is enabled). OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Increase the debugging output. --proxy=PROXY Specify an http proxy to use. --proxyUser=PROXYUSER Specify a username to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyPassword. --proxyPassword=PROXYPASSWORD Specify a password to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyUser. --version Show the program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhn_register(8), rhnreg_ks(8), rhnsd(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2010 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2010 August 30 RHN-PROFILE-SYNC(8)