Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: repartitioning
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers repartitioning Post 15203 by cmh on Tuesday 12th of February 2002 03:00:14 AM
Old 02-12-2002
Thanks for your help. I was afraid that the only way to repartition was to backup to tape first. Just hoping on the off chance that there might be an obscure utility to use. Anyway, I will be implementing the changes. Thanks again.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Repartitioning scsi drive in Nextstep

Need to change the partitions on a SCSI drive with Nextstep. df shows filesystem kbytes used avail cap mounted on /dev/sd0a 2051824 231924 13% / /dev/sd0b 998332 9 0% /Vol2 /dev/sd0c 998332 9 0% /Vol3 /dev/sd0d 998332 9 0% /Vol4 /dev/sd0e 998332 9 0% /Vol5... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mace
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Repartitioning hard drive on Solaris10

Hello, Is it possible to repartition hard drive on Solaris10 without deleting all the content of the drive? I have a workstation with 40G drive that has two partitions 4G and 36G. The big partition is allocated for /export/home and small for everything else (don't ask me why, I did not set it up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pn8830
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Resizing and repartitioning NTFS with gParted?

Sorry that this is slightly OT, but in my defence, I intend to install Linux (and probably others). I just bought a new computer with Windows Vista preinstalled; and though there is no love between me and MS, I would like to keep it (I paid for it after all). I have 2 x 500GB HDD. The extra... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koppe
1 Replies

4. Solaris

formating and repartitioning an external hard drives

Version: solaris 10 x86 I just got a western digital external harddrive formated with fat 32. this drive came with some setup files which is meant for windows or mac. I want to reformat and partition this drive into two ( for solaris and windows) such that the setup files will still be there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Metaset repartitioning

Dear all, This metaset stuff drive me crazy. The story begin with the Solaris 8 upgrade.... We have a pair of Solaris 8 with Sun Cluster 3.1, to prevent a long downtime, the Live Upgrade was chosen. As metadb cannot use LU to upgrade directly, we remove the diskset before upgrade, and put it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: donaldfoo
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Ubuntu very slow after repartitioning

Good evening, i don't know if this is the right section, so forgive me if it's wrong. i have an Asus Gl503v in dual boot w10-ubuntu18. hard disk is hybrid ssd-hhd. w10 is the native system and it is on ssd. I partitioned the hdd left a part ntfs and a part ext4. In the ext4 part i created... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcov
15 Replies
BACKUP_APROPOS(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 BACKUP_APROPOS(8)

NAME
backup_apropos - Displays each help entry containing a keyword string SYNOPSIS
backup apropos -topic <help string> [-help] backup ap -t <help string> [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup apropos command displays the first line of the online help entry for any backup command that has in its name or short description the string specified by the -topic argument. To display the syntax for a command, use the backup help command. OPTIONS
-topic <help string> Specifies the keyword string to match, in lowercase letters only. If the string is more than a single word, surround it with double quotes (" ") or other delimiters. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The first line of a command's online help entry names it and briefly describes its function. This command displays the first line for any backup command where the string specified with the -topic argument is part of the command name or first line. EXAMPLES
The following example lists all backup commands that include the word "tape" in their names or short descriptions: % backup apropos tape labeltape: label a tape readlabel: read the label on tape scantape: dump information recovery from tape status: get tape coordinator status PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_help(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_APROPOS(8)